PDA

View Full Version : Why'd You Lie

helliott
June 15th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Couple of clams here, but this is a tougher song than it might seem at first. Here's the Hammer Daddies interpreting the Colin James version of Why'd You Lie.

https://www.box.com/s/2gwgsc7kzdxe8vttu8gr

tjcurtin1
June 17th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Nice playing, guys - both solos and rhythm chording.

piebaldpython
June 17th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Great playing on a slow blues. Your solos complement each other well.

Algonquin
June 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM
One of my favourite songs, by one of my favourite Artists! :canada:
Well done boys, I think you did a fine job on this one!
Cheers :beer:
David

davewrites
June 18th, 2013, 02:48 PM
A truly underrated track and one that deserves to be covered by a wide-variety of groups and styles. Heck, Marilyn Manson or Trent Reznor might be able to pull off an interesting retake.

But I digress... good job on good song.

helliott
June 18th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Nice playing, guys - both solos and rhythm chording.
Thanks TJ. Rhythm parts in this one need space to breathe. Trying to get that.

helliott
June 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Great playing on a slow blues. Your solos complement each other well.

Appreciated PBP. Our styles are much different, but we do get along personally and musically. Seems to work for fans who notice.

helliott
June 18th, 2013, 07:16 PM
One of my favourite songs, by one of my favourite Artists! :canada:
Well done boys, I think you did a fine job on this one!
Cheers :beer:
David

David: I'm with you on that. I've seen CJ numerous times, and always impressed, acoustic, electric, LBB jump blues. He is such a talented an tasteful player. |I wonder if he gets the recognition he deserves.

helliott
June 18th, 2013, 07:17 PM
A truly underrated track and one that deserves to be covered by a wide-variety of groups and styles. Heck, Marilyn Manson or Trent Reznor might be able to pull off an interesting retake.

But I digress... good job on good song.
Thanks Davewrites. Reznor I can certainly hear, not so sure about Manson but it'd be fascinating to hear cross-genre takes on this tune.

Robert
June 18th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Totally awesome! Love this tune. Great job.

helliott
June 19th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Totally awesome! Love this tune. Great job.

Thanks Robert. Much appreciated.

FrankAxtell
July 26th, 2013, 09:14 AM
nice performance on this...

helliott
July 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM
many thanks Frank

davewrites
August 5th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Had to come back and listen to this track again.

Thanks again for producing and posting.

helliott
August 6th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks, davewrites. I guess we produced in that we played it in a local dive. But other than that it was just us playing, witness the clams, and the H4N doing a decent job of recording. Appreciate your comment.

mrmudcat
August 6th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I like it!!! What was your gear rundown for this and also the other players gear???:socool................

davewrites
August 7th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Thanks, davewrites. I guess we produced in that we played it in a local dive. But other than that it was just us playing, witness the clams, and the H4N doing a decent job of recording. Appreciate your comment.

Recording, cutting, equalizing, converting audio file formats, posting on the Web, linking to a forum... all that stuff can be done on any home computer (or iPhone!), BUT IT'S STILL A MAJOR HASSLE!

I always appreciate the effort because I'm just not motivated that way. And, with clips like these, I'm extra appreciative because the entire clip is worth listening to--more than once.

Cheers!

helliott
August 7th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks, Mr mudcat. James is using his stock Strat and 65 Fender super. My sound is my custom shop strat and a mesa lonestar. Both of them are running pretty stock, although if I recall I might have had minimal sparkle drive and chorus on, and James probably his Rangemaster clone.

helliott
August 7th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Thanks, davewrites. I hear that. Closer to 60 than 50 now, and I find it's a lot of work to make use of the technology available. I'm pretty much a luddite at that, but I do love the feel of a guitar on my gut and a decent amp pushing it out.
And for what it's worth, it's much appreciated that you'd listen more than once.