PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day Fretters!

sunvalleylaw
June 16th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Happy Father's Day to all you fretters! I hope you get to enjoy the day with family, or at least connect to those important to you.

Me, I got to sleep in, and I plan to play a little, go on a hike, plan a little on my tele mods, and have dinner with family. Have a good one all!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/100_0111_zps735dfe94.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/P7301227.jpg

FrankenFretter
June 16th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Happy Father's Day to you, Steve!
And happy Father's Day to the rest of you fathers as well!
I came home sick today with stomach issues. :(
My family gave me a sweet card, a hand-penciled picture from the kid, and a framed picture of some of my guitars. Pretty cool!

Tig
June 16th, 2013, 04:47 PM
My day was lazy unlike Steve's, yet without stomach issues (hope you feel better soon, Sean).
I enjoyed playing some jazz on the new father's day keyboard, a nap, and a delicious baked catfish meal Mrs. T made.

And to everyone who's Dad isn't around anymore, remember them and be thankful for the times you had. Each day is a gift, and all of our Dad's made that possible.

NWBasser
June 16th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Happy Dad's Day to all.

We went mountain biking at the local bike park and then came home for a dinner of BBQ salmon. Copper River sockeye. The best salmon invented by God.

I got a Russell Wilson jersey. Pretty dang cool in my book.:thumbsup

sunvalleylaw
June 16th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Sounds great guys! I particularly like the sound of NWB's day! Perfect!

Tig
June 16th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Sounds great guys! I particularly like the sound of NWB's day! Perfect!

If I can keep my return to fitness on track, I hope to be riding MTB by October.

sunvalleylaw
June 16th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Your day sounded great too. But good news that you might be getting back on the bike. I am still off my bike for while yet also.

Tig
June 17th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Your day sounded great too. But good news that you might be getting back on the bike. I am still off my bike for while yet also.

First things first... Heal thy back! Even a few weeks too soon could put you in a bad situation.

I've been riding on the road Saturdays, but less than one hour so far and under 20 MPH. My heart rate jumps up and takes time to recover even when leaving from a stop sign. It will take some time to build up the cardio at a healthy rate. I say October for MTB because our steep roller coaster climbs can spike the HR and leave an unfit rider breathless, so a base level is needed first.

davewrites
June 18th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Extending the Father's Day festivities...

My wife sent me this today.

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMy04MDg2YzE0NTYxMjE1OWU4.png

Tig
June 19th, 2013, 01:26 AM
:socool

sunvalleylaw
June 19th, 2013, 07:18 AM
HaHa! Congrats on the nice "note" from your wife!

marnold
June 19th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Extending the Father's Day festivities...

My wife sent me this today.

Heh. In my case, it's when my kids request metal. ;)