PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Gigging This Evening

6STRINGS 9LIVES
December 31st, 2006, 02:32 PM
Anybody else gigging this evening ? I'm sittin in for the last set with some friends at the local ski lodge , i bet we'll close the bar after too .... cheers .. Happy New Year to everyone .

Robert
December 31st, 2006, 03:03 PM
I was gonna ask that too. I've gigged many New Year's the last 10 years, but this year I'm just staying home watching some good movies with the family.

duhvoodooman
December 31st, 2006, 06:48 PM
....this year I'm just staying home watching some good movies with the family.
Woodstock? Gimme Shelter? The Last Waltz? The Song Remains the Same? There's a lot of good guitar movies out there! :DR

t_ross33
January 1st, 2007, 02:28 PM
Played a New Year's Eve gig last night that absolutely RAWK'D! Got home at 6:20 AM. We had the crowd throwing cash at us to play longer (so we did - until 4:30 or so :p ). The hall was pretty much trashed, lots of spilled drinks on the dancefloor, bottles everywhere, the odd "tired" party-goer dozing in a corner. The event organizers even threw in a bonus at the end of the night!

We recorded off the board to my laptop. I'll post some clips once we have it ripped to MP3.

I'm a tired, but happy and slightly richer, camper this morning (afternoon? :rolleyes: ).

Trev

warren0728
January 1st, 2007, 02:34 PM
sounds great trev....as a non-gigger i am a little envious....i bet playing to live crowds that are really into what you are doing is quite a rush! :DR

ww

t_ross33
January 1st, 2007, 04:00 PM
sounds great trev....as a non-gigger i am a little envious....i bet playing to live crowds that are really into what you are doing is quite a rush! :DR

It sure is! I used to think it was a real ego stroke, and I must admit, to some degree it still is. But now I get such a kick out of seeing people have a good time and enjoy what we are doing. Not to get too "Dr. Phil" about it, but it's like I'm giving something of myself that makes others feel good/better. And in turn, that makes me feel good.

Besides, it TOTALLY RAWKS, DUDE! :R :D :R

tot_Ou_tard
January 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
That's really cool Trev & 6S9L!! I am envious.

warren0728
January 1st, 2007, 04:04 PM
how did your gig go 6S9L?

ww

Plank_Spanker
January 1st, 2007, 04:31 PM
Sat this one out...............................but not next year! :D

sunvalleylaw
January 1st, 2007, 05:14 PM
Congrats all of you guys. Sounds like great fun!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 2nd, 2007, 08:27 AM
It was a great bit of fun, i joined in for the 3rd and 4th sets , there was not supposed to be a 4th set but ..let the good times roll... some of our friends who we used to play with 20 years ago got up for the last set and it was amazing .. we dug up some old stuff from the 80's and basically flew by the seat of our pants ... plus a 20 min version of roadhouse blues that was hilarious as we had some of the audience on the stage singing on the chorus ... all in all a great evening and yeah we did close the bar ...

tot_Ou_tard
January 2nd, 2007, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a great bit O fun there 6S9L! :DR :R