PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Conversions

Glacies
July 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I was wondering if what I'm doing has been normal when it comes to converting a song to a single acoustic while singing. I'm mostly playing the bass line notes converted to chords because it can make more rhythmic sense while singing. For instance, this is a really popular song that I play on acoustic for my friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDAiYlZDZKU

The guitar exists solely to create an atmosphere and is not contributing to the rhythm. So when I acousticize it when I'm alone (yes I made that up) I need some rhythm. I do this with a couple of other songs and also roll past a lot of solos when I play some songs on acoustic because I find it difficult to stay on time when soloing, but also it seems hollow without someone keeping the song alive underneath me.

I wanted to run this past you guys and see if any of you had anything else I should consider when doing this. I have been lighting up the acoustic quite a bit this summer and dragging it to beaches and little acoustic jam sessions so I've been adapting on the fly when I'm used to being a non-vocal electric guitar player.