PDA

View Full Version : Working at a Labor Day festival, in R.I.!

poodlesrule
August 13th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Poodlesrule will work traffic for:

http://www.rhythmandroots.com

Line up highlights for guitar players:
Albert Lee, Bill Kirchen (my guitar "godfather"), Taj Mahal (*). Also legendary Bill Keith, and Steve Earles.

I need to do 16 hours of work, so I hope I can catch what I would love to see, including a fav of mine the "modern Cajun" band Feufollet. Camp for workers is next to performers'... so there is potential for interesting meets!

(*) just heard a live recording of Taj Mahal's "Further down the road" on my community radio yesterday, I almost wet my pants...!

tjcurtin1
August 15th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Great lineup at a fun event - I haven't been in years but it looks enticing for sure!

poodlesrule
September 7th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Belated recap: Had great fun, even though the work (parking cars on unmarked lot) was a bit much. Spouse had the much easier job of checking backstage access...!

Best was Taj Mahal... "It is dark (pause) It's time for the Blues!"

And, indeed, it was!

Very interesting and fascinating how his music felt very familiar to me, like something I would have been listening to all my life (which I have not).I felt at home in his world. And no "substance" were involved, other than a well-deserved cold IPA. Where is that feeling coming from, I do not know..!

tjcurtin1
September 7th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Belated recap: Had great fun, even though the work (parking cars on unmarked lot) was a bit much. Spouse had the much easier job of checking backstage access...!

Best was Taj Mahal... "It is dark (pause) It's time for the Blues!"

And, indeed, it was!

Very interesting and fascinating how his music felt very familiar to me, like something I would have been listening to all my life (which I have not).I felt at home in his world. And no "substance" were involved, other than a well-deserved cold IPA. Where is that feeling coming from, I do not know..!

Taj has that big, warm, rich voice along with a down-to-earth and often humorous delivery that is just very human - it welcomes you into his world.