PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to FastFret

Sniffy
August 14th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anybody knew of cheap household alternatives to FastFret (might be called something different in the states?) As with lots of potions for specific applications, often something cheaper will work just as well. Anyone got any tips? The price of a tiny bottle of Fastfret seems kinda steep... or I'm just being tight! :D

Spudman
August 14th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Pledge. Spray on a cloth and then wipe your neck. The other alternative is to wipe your fretting hand through your hair and a bit of oil will then be on your fingers. It makes everything a lot slicker...as long as you aren't using hair products...and have hair.:D

guitartango
August 15th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anybody knew of cheap household alternatives to FastFret (might be called something different in the states?) As with lots of potions for specific applications, often something cheaper will work just as well. Anyone got any tips? The price of a tiny bottle of Fastfret seems kinda steep... or I'm just being tight! :D

A Scotsman tight ? never and I won't mention the Football either :)

Sniffy
August 15th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks Spudman! will try that! cheers!... And guitartango, we would o won if they didn't beat us! haha :D

tjcurtin1
August 15th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Was it Freddie King who supposedly used to rub his strings (which he also supposedly never or rarely changed) with a piece of fried chicken??

guitartango
August 16th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Sniffy,

In another post you mention ironside pickups ?, are they any good?

Looking for some pups for my Jap strat.

Sniffy
September 1st, 2013, 11:33 AM
Sorry for the late reply! It was Irongear pickups, from axetec, I think they're great, i gots them in me squier strat and epi LP! They're certainly good value for money anyway! Im not sure if they're nessesarily better than fender stock pups but I guess it just comes down to taste! :D ... hmm fried chicken would surely be worth a go! haha

tjcurtin1
September 1st, 2013, 08:04 PM
Actually, I think that Fast Fret is just a roll of fabric soaked with mineral oil....

deeaa
September 1st, 2013, 10:42 PM
Pledge. Spray on a cloth and then wipe your neck. The other alternative is to wipe your fretting hand through your hair and a bit of oil will then be on your fingers. It makes everything a lot slicker...as long as you aren't using hair products...and have hair.:D

And oily hair at that. Mine is dry as desert. When I let it grow some that is. But I tend to wash it ten times a week too.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

kidsmoke
September 3rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Actually, I think that Fast Fret is just a roll of fabric soaked with mineral oil....

Yep.

Sniffy
September 6th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Cool! A good 10W/40 oughta do the trick! ;) Seriously though that's good to know cheers for the advice! :D