PDA

View Full Version : Threads don't show once i have posted in them...

tjcurtin1
August 17th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I have noticed that if I post a reply to a thread, that thread no longer shows up in 'new posts', even if someone posts to the thread later...??? I can find it if I go into the forum and go to the particular forum that it's posted in, or if I go to my account and look for my posts. Is there a reason for this? Has anyone else experienced this, or am I hallucinating?!

Robert
August 19th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Haven't seen this!

tjcurtin1
August 19th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Am testing this - I'll see if it shows up after my reply!

duhvoodooman
August 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Haven't seen this behavior either. It's normal for the thread to disappear from the "New Posts" list because you were just in it while making your posting. But as soon as someone replies, it should be back in that listing again. You might want to consider clicking on the "Activity Stream" view as an alternative.

tjcurtin1
August 20th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Maybe that's it, DVM - it didn't show up after my reply, but it was there after you replied...

piebaldpython
December 10th, 2013, 08:05 AM
This just happened to me yesterday. I tried to post on DVMs "pedals for sale" thread and after I posted, it said that it would show up after the Moderator Ok'd it.......well, it's 18 hrs later and my post still hasn't shown up, yet other posts on this thread have (SVL). What gives? Am I persona non grata? lol

piebaldpython
January 19th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Just happened again today. I tired to post on DVMs thread about his Trinity amph and my post never made it to the thread, not even 3 days later. What gives?

Robert
January 20th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Sorry guys, the forum software sometimes decides to moderate a post according to it's own judgement (which is sometimes incorrect). It does it automatically and sometimes I miss approving these. I am not sure how to improve this feature, but it is sometimes very useful when spammers sneak in and starting posting garbage.

If any problems again, just PM me.