PDA

View Full Version : My cousin came into town and played us a nice little concert . . .

sunvalleylaw
August 28th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Marian Call, my cousin originally from Gig Harbor, and now Juneau, AK stopped through on a western road tour where she is playing coffee houses, book stores and the like. Here is one little sweet song from the concert last night at Iconoclast Books in Ketchum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoAhF5dMNtM

She also does some other saucier stuff, some jazzier stuff, and a whole lot of fun entertainment. Her songs were just what some of us needed after the fires killed off our summer season right when the businesses needed it. The fires are mostly out, but a lot of business volume that is relied on during thinner months was lost.

she picked good songs, sang her little heart out, and made everyone feel better. Her guitarist, Scott Barkan, from NY City is pretty awesome too. An acoustic folk shredder, he is.

Glacies
August 29th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Wow, beautiful voice. That was great!

sunvalleylaw
August 29th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Thanks for commenting! Yes, she does have a great voice. And her songwriting is pretty darned good too!

Tig
August 29th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Your cousin is so cool! She brings it with a skilled, fun delivery of some very clever lyrics.
I remember finding out she was in town a few years ago, the following week. :thwap

mrmudcat
August 30th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Great songwriting/singers are becoming scarce!!Love the quirkiness!!!