PDA

View Full Version : Pedalboard question

riverrick
October 5th, 2013, 07:07 PM
This is probably a stupid question....but Just got my first pedalboard. Also bought a Voodoo Lab pedal power 2. Was wondering if I can leave the pedal power 2 plugged in all the time? Or is best to unplug it after playing.

ET335
October 8th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Great question riverrick! and not stupid at all!

I never leave any of my equipment plugged in when it is not being used.
there is alway's a danger from power surges and lightning in a thunder storm or if the power to your home just suddenly gets cut off for any reason.then when the power is restored to your home there is alway's that danger of sudden power surges that can ruin any of your equipment.just being on the safe side:)

riverrick
October 8th, 2013, 07:29 AM
OK....thanks for the input 335.

marnold
October 8th, 2013, 07:43 AM
I've generally left my One Spot plugged in. I do unplug everything in the case of a thunderstorm. I don't leave my EX-7's wall wart plugged in because I don't use it that often and the wall wart itself will get too warm for my comfort.

Spudman
October 8th, 2013, 09:29 AM
I plug everything into an outlet strip and turn it on or off as needed. But ya, if a storm is happening then by all means unplug the strip just to be safe.

riverrick
October 8th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Thanks Spud...By the way belated happy B-Day!!!

Spudman
October 8th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Thanks Spud...By the way belated happy B-Day!!!

Thanks mate. It's been a good few days. Lots of cycling and fair weather. Oh, and of course some loud guitar playing.:dude

cebreez
October 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I have everything plugged into strips that plug into remote control outlets, the ones they sell for christmas trees, (they ran a sale on them a couple of years ago). Then into a per plug surge protector also something I picked up at a industrial outlet sale. We do get a lot of storms and I work far from home so I don't take any chances. And supposedly leaving wall warts and the likes plugged in still causes a current drain and can cost you on your electric bill.