PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

RandyW
December 22nd, 2005, 09:29 PM
Hello All! Glad to be a part of your forum. I'm on the battered, but not beaten, Mississippi Gulf Coast. I'm an old drummer, but have been fooling around with the guitar for about thirty years. I also enjoy building guitars as a hobby.
My Tools exist of:

'59 Les Paul Reissue
Epiphone Dot (335 copy)
Yamaha FGX LTD Acous/Elec
and a couple custom jobs
Amps:
Peavey Transtube
Fender Ultra Chorus

Pedals:
Yamaha DG Stomp:R

Iago
December 23rd, 2005, 09:28 AM
Welcome Randy!!!

Robert
December 23rd, 2005, 10:05 AM
Glad you joined us Randy! It's great to have a guitar builder on board!
Welcome!

marnold
December 23rd, 2005, 10:44 AM
Welcome! Please check out this thread (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=165) were I talk about a plan for working on one of my guitars. I'd be interested in the opinion of someone who, unlike me, knows what he's talking about :)

SuperSwede
December 23rd, 2005, 11:30 AM
Welcome! :)

Tim
December 23rd, 2005, 12:29 PM
Welcome Randy - I would not call you a Newbie ... more like recycled. I am the newbie. Been messen' around with the guitar for about 2 years. I am now getting serious about playing it. There's a real good group of players here. Welcome to the family.

Nelskie
December 23rd, 2005, 06:25 PM
How-do, Randy. Welcome aboard.

RandyW
December 23rd, 2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks to all for the friendly welcome, and especially to Robert, who's time, effort, and devotion make this forum possible!
I'm one of those guys who picks up my guitar most nights, hits a few licks, and puts it down. Not exactly the way to improve your skills. I think it's time to actually start PRACTICING again.
Maybe you folks can get me going!

Merry Christmas to All, and thanks again,
Randy