PDA

View Full Version : cheap sunglasses/jesus just left chicago

helliott
October 22nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Dabbling in a little more classic rock given we are often asked for it. Here's the band reworking ZZ Top's Sunglasses and Jesus Just Left, sort of a medley. Appreciate your feedback as usual.

https://app.box.com/s/xsoqogfrp5zf93ohpjhq

Jipes
October 31st, 2013, 08:21 AM
Helliot you nailed it quite nicely :rockya I did play She Loves my Automobile years ago but was always contemplating that song to play as well ! Good work Man that sounds really good even if teh lead guitar is slightly behind the rythmn section

Spudman
October 31st, 2013, 01:09 PM
Nice!

piebaldpython
October 31st, 2013, 04:20 PM
How did I miss this? CSG is good but the first solo is sort of lost in the mix to a degree behind the drums....second solo is right up-front, very nice. CSG grew on me with a 2nd listen.

JLC rocks....great slow blues playing. I love how the guitar squeals on occasion. Stellar solo at 6:18 in. Love to listen to you guys play.

helliott
October 31st, 2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks Jipes. I take it you mean the first solo is obscured, or do you mean both are behind in terms of timing? Not being defensive, love the constructive feedback.

helliott
October 31st, 2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks Spud.

helliott
October 31st, 2013, 06:38 PM
Thanks for listening PBP. I noticed that about the first solo and James and I talked about it. Think the song is still a bit uncomfortable for us ... only played it about 4 times before the gig recording. Pretty sure we'll get more comfortable as we play it a bit more. We tend to pull stuff out at gigs when it's still pretty raw, which has some good points and also some drawbacks. Appreciate the feedback.

Jipes
November 5th, 2013, 04:04 AM
No I was talking about the balance beetween the different instruments not about timing and yes again I was focusing on the first chorus !

helliott
November 15th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks Jipes Feedback much appreciated.

FrankAxtell
November 20th, 2013, 07:13 AM
great stuff...always had fun playing ZZ Top covers.

helliott
November 21st, 2013, 05:17 PM
Thanks for listening and commenting Frank.