PDA

View Full Version : The Stratocaster hits the big 6-0 this year!

eichaan
January 4th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Hard to believe, it still looks so young! But seriously, what other new products from 1954 still look cutting edge?

I recently wrote this blog post about the Strat and some famous players:

http://icarusanybody.blogspot.com/2014/01/60-years-and-still-rockin-fender.html

Who are your favorite Strat players?

Jipes
January 7th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Interesting post Eichaan I just drop a comment on it ! Strat are terrific guitars and very polyvalent you can grab almost every type of tone out of a good one

eichaan
January 12th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Thanks, Jipes! I appreciate it.

duhvoodooman
January 13th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Hard to believe, isn't it? A truly timeless design and a testament to the genius of Leo Fender, who didn't even play the guitar. Stop and think of how many of the greatest blues, funk, and rock guitarists, past & present, play a Strat as their primary or exclusive electric guitar! Mind-boggling!!

ZMAN
January 15th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I have one of the 50th Anniversary models. I bought it and it has never been used. I didn't even take the blue plastic off the case. Kind of a dumb move, because it hasn't appreciated. I also bought one of the 60th Anniversary of Fender models in Blizzard Pearl. I guess you can say I am a sucker for the hype.
They are both really nice guitars. It will be interesting to see what they come out with this time.

sunvalleylaw
January 16th, 2014, 12:22 AM
I also bought one of the 60th Anniversary of Fender models in Blizzard Pearl. I guess you can say I am a sucker for the hype.
They are both really nice guitars.
The 60th Ann. Std. Strat was my first guitar and is still my overall favorite electric among those I own. I love that thing!