PDA

View Full Version : SOLD - F/S: Home-built Trinity Amps 18W Amp Head

duhvoodooman
January 18th, 2014, 04:45 PM
UPDATE 2/18/14: SOLD!!

Built from a Trinity Amps kit, as described in gory detail here: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/19772

Two channels--Normal and TMB with gain & master volume. Hand-wired & assembled by yours truly. Take a look at the photos in that thread--I think the workmanship speaks for itself. I also installed a voltage reduction module (VRM) so that the DC voltage level can be dialed down to lower the volume output while still maintaining the tone, so this baby can be played with the gain & volume CRANKED and still maintain a very reasonable volume. The amp is 100% functional, has low hours on it, and sounds great. Has never left my smoke-free "man cave" and is truly in mint condition. Selling it because (1) I have a bunch of tube amps and this one is not getting the use that it deserves, and (2) I just bought a spendy piece of gear (a secret for now; keep your mouth shut, Tio!) that needs to be paid for. Just looking to get the kit cost back out of this--I'll rack up the considerable labor involved to experience. Yours for the ridiculously low price of $695 including shipping to the ConUS. Hawaii, Alaska or Canada will run a bit more. PayPal only. PM if interested.

Teaser photo:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/18W_multiview.jpg

Robert
January 19th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Whoa, selling your baby! It looks awesome.

What does it sound like? Got any clips?

duhvoodooman
January 19th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Whoa, selling your baby! Got several babies these days, and just putting this one up for adoption!

It looks awesome.It is, believe me.

What does it sound like? Got any clips? Clips galore here: http://www.trinityamps.com/Trin18Sound.htm

duhvoodooman
January 21st, 2014, 09:08 AM
** BUMP **

Still available, but I've posted it on Reverb.com, so no telling for how much longer....

Robert
January 21st, 2014, 09:58 AM
Very tempting! Does it have that Plexi sound to your ears?

piebaldpython
January 21st, 2014, 12:48 PM
Sweet amph head. I realize it's probably the pics but it looks enormous. What's it weight? The clips sound great. Shame I'm not in the market for it at this time.

duhvoodooman
January 21st, 2014, 10:27 PM
It certainly does a beautiful Marshally crunch with the gain & volume up on the TMB channel. I don't know that I'd make the claim that it sounds like a Plexi--it's a tube-rectified 18W amp with EL84s, not a 50 or 100W amp driving EL34s and solid state rectification. I'd say your best bet is to listen to some of the clips posted on that link I gave above and judge for yourself.

Jipes
January 22nd, 2014, 04:31 AM
Is it you playing Voodooman on the tracks ? It sounds mighty fine to me a nice gnarl and bright sound reminds me sometimes a bit Albert Collins (Back to the Billy) :thumbsup

piebaldpython
January 22nd, 2014, 06:39 AM
Unfortunately, those clips are not of our DVM. Great clips though and makes the Trinity series of amphs pretty appealing. Lawrence Bethune did the clips you mentioned.

duhvoodooman
January 22nd, 2014, 06:55 AM
Is it you playing Voodooman on the tracks ?
I wish!! No, those are recordings posted on the Trinity website by an excellent Toronto-based player, Lawrence Bethune. Way mo' better than I'll ever come close to being!

duhvoodooman
January 24th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Just a little "bump" heading into the weekend....

duhvoodooman
January 28th, 2014, 10:50 AM
C'mon guys!! Where are you going to find an expertly constructed, hand-wired turret board build of a classic amp circuit for $750??? Trinity Amps sells the fully assembled, ready-to-plug-in version of this head for $1200!! And that's without the very desirable VRM feature! See for yourself: http://www.trinityamps.com/Trin18Over.htm#18price

From their webpage:

"The Trinity 18 uses a pair or EL-84 output tubes, 3 12AX7 preamps, and an EZ-81 rectifier. It is a Cathode Bias, Class AB all-tube design using a tube rectifier. Original spec power and output transformers are used exclusively.

The amplifier does away with controlled or corrective negative feedback, allowing the amplifier to run "open loop" or wide band. This is why the 18 Watt sounds full and rich at low or high volume levels. These 'features of design' are very much a part of the distinctive tone.

TMB - The Trinity 18 TMB is a dual channel amp with Channel 1 - Tone and Volume, 2 inputs and Channel 2 - Treble, Midrange, Bass, Volume and Gain, 2 inputs. The tone controls are of standard Marshall “Tone Stack” design. The TMB channel incorporates a gain control and is a higher gain design similar to the Marshall 2203 of the late 70s. The master volume allows the player to selectively dial in overdrive distortion for that ‘crunchy’ Marshall sound."

Grab this puppy and save yourself $450 over what most people pay for it!

Eric
January 28th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Sorry, DVM. There's just not really any way I would use it given my current life. Bass seems to be a lot more fun anyway.

duhvoodooman
February 10th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Price REDUCED!

$695 including shipping to the ConUS. Hawaii, Alaska or Canada will run a bit more. PayPal only. PM if interested.

Robert
February 10th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Whoa!

duhvoodooman
February 14th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Pre-holiday weekend bump. The amp is up on eBay with the auction ending Sunday evening (2/16) at 9PM EST.

duhvoodooman
February 18th, 2014, 09:55 AM
SOLD!!

Thanks for looking....

kidsmoke
February 18th, 2014, 11:51 PM
That's good news DVM. I'm sure it's a bittersweet success.