PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to NAMM?

Robert
January 19th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I'll be at NAMM again, leaving in a couple of days! If anyone else is going and want to meet up, just let me know.

I'll help out Syo in the Hell Guitars booth for a bit, and I'll take photos and video of cool guitar gear. I'll share with you later what I liked best.

Come see me and Syo at Booth# 1577 (Hall E).

Shall be fun! :)

Robert
February 3rd, 2014, 12:44 PM
It was an awesome NAMM this year!

I was in the Hell booth for a bit, and I walked around the floors a lot. I also saw and heard some great music and guitarists!

The most incredible guitar playing I have ever heard was the highlight - Scott Henderson Trio at the Baked Potato. Hot dang, that was insanse.

Others great guitar players I saw:

Oz Noy
Matt Schofield
Tomo Fujita
Josh Smith
Kirk Fletcher
Mark Lettieri
My friend Scott Lerner
Monte Montgomery
Lee Ritenour
Muriel Anderson

just to name a few... I saw Roscoe Beck too, and I got Allan Holdsworth autograph. Allan is an interesting fellow. I asked him if a new album is in the works, and he looked like he wanted to slap me! Oh well, at least I got his autograph.

I was also able to hang out and chat with a lot of these people, at least for a few minutes. Scott Henderson let me and my friends stay for his second show without paying again - he just said to the establishment "these are my friends" and it was cool. Scott is awesome.

tjcurtin1
February 3rd, 2014, 06:17 PM
Sounds like a great time - just the place for you, Robert! How did things go with the Hell booth? Get any coverage this year?

Robert
February 3rd, 2014, 08:09 PM
Thanks Ted! I don't know about any coverage. I assume you mean media coverage?

Hopefully Syo picks up some new distributors as a result of being at NAMM. There was certainly interest in his products.

The big magazines usually go for the boutique stuff or the mass produced big companies (they probably advertise in their magazines too, hint hint).