PDA

View Full Version : Bonamassa style Blues Backing Track (12/8)

Meritone Music
January 20th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Hi guys,

Thought I'd share this blues guitar jam track (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApqOK1bHCG8), which is pretty good for letting it rip Joe Bonamassa style!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApqOK1bHCG8

It's a 12-bar blues in G.. and the backing track starts at 1:30

Enjoy......:dude

piebaldpython
January 21st, 2014, 06:49 PM
Yeah, good track for some nasty slide or lap steel work. BTW, pretty nice playing there Quist....great economy of motion on your picking hand too, albeit a somewhat unusual-looking method with your hand so vertical. Not a criticism mind you, just it caught my eye right away...... Thanks for the listen.

Meritone Music
January 27th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Yeah, good track for some nasty slide or lap steel work. BTW, pretty nice playing there Quist....great economy of motion on your picking hand too, albeit a somewhat unusual-looking method with your hand so vertical. Not a criticism mind you, just it caught my eye right away...... Thanks for the listen.

Thanks man!! Do you mean my picking hand? Thanks for sharing that... interesting!

piebaldpython
January 27th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Yep....your picking hand. Obviously, it works very well for you. Again, something that immediately caught my eye and not a put-down.

In the same vein, there's a fingerpicking (thumb and first 2 fingers) British guy, Doghousedave, who has a mostly vertical picking hand/wrist too.......he plays his butt off with great economy of motion when picking. Check him out on YouTube.

Meritone Music
April 8th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Yep....your picking hand. Obviously, it works very well for you. Again, something that immediately caught my eye and not a put-down.

In the same vein, there's a fingerpicking (thumb and first 2 fingers) British guy, Doghousedave, who has a mostly vertical picking hand/wrist too.......he plays his butt off with great economy of motion when picking. Check him out on YouTube.

Thanks, will do!!