PDA

View Full Version : Namm 2007

tot_Ou_tard
January 2nd, 2007, 08:34 AM
NPauly posted about the release of two new PRS models. Has anyone heard anything about new goodies that are going to unveiled at this winter's NAMM?

Lev
January 2nd, 2007, 10:27 AM
I believe Fender are launching their new EVH model. It's on guitarworld.com but as ever with celebrity endorsed equipment it's sure to be overpriced. There's also been rumours of Fender debuting a 5150 amp.

NPauly
January 3rd, 2007, 02:40 AM
NPauly posted about the release of two new PRS models. Has anyone heard anything about new goodies that are going to unveiled at this winter's NAMM?

Be sure and click the link in my post about the new PRS guitars -- there are many more than the two new SE models that I listed ...

The Fret . Net > New PRS Guitars Thread (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=21876)

NPauly
January 3rd, 2007, 02:43 AM
I believe Fender are launching their new EVH model. It's on guitarworld.com but as ever with celebrity endorsed equipment it's sure to be overpriced. There's also been rumours of Fender debuting a 5150 amp.

I'm confused. How can Fender introduce a 5150 amp?

Isn't the 5150 a Peavey amp?

Oh yeah, who's this EVH guy?!? :rolleyes: ;) :cool:

Lev
January 3rd, 2007, 04:31 AM
Yep, but EVH's endorsment contract with peavey has expired and he's now working with Fender on both a new guitar and amph. I'm not sure if they'll call it a 5150, that may be a peavey copyright but rumour has it there's a Fender equivalent on the cards.

Harmony Central has an article about Godin releasing some new guitars at NAMM also.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM07/Content/Godin/PR/NAMM-Preview.html

sunvalleylaw
January 3rd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Harmony Central has an article about Godin releasing some new guitars at NAMM also.

The local shop here in Hailey just recently started carrying both Godin and Seagull. The article also mentions new Seagulls, a good quality, reasonable Canadian made acoustic line with nice woods and good prices, (because there is still nice wood in Canada). The shop ownders were mentioning that some new models were coming in. It will be fun to see.

Steve

tot_Ou_tard
January 3rd, 2007, 08:29 AM

I thought they might be, they usually do.

The local shop here in Hailey just recently started carrying both Godin and Seagull. The article also mentions new Seagulls, a good quality, reasonable Canadian made acoustic line with nice woods and good prices, (because there is still nice wood in Canada). The shop ownders were mentioning that some new models were coming in. It will be fun to see.

Steve
My two guitars are Godins. Do me a favor Steve, try out a Godin LG SP90 if you've got the time & they've got the ax.

If I got an acoustic guitar, It'd probably get a Seagull.

tot_Ou_tard
January 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM
A new version of the Strobostomp will be introduced at NAMM. It'll be metallic grey, with upgraded Neutrik jacks, an improved window, and more presets.

I don't know if it'll have the DI.

sunvalleylaw
January 8th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I thought they might be, they usually do.

My two guitars are Godins. Do me a favor Steve, try out a Godin LG SP90 if you've got the time & they've got the ax.

If I got an acoustic guitar, It'd probably get a Seagull.

Hey tot, somehow missed your post. Will stop at the shop next chance I get and see if they have it. I tried a few of their Seagulls, but they do not have any of the rosewood backed ones. Mostly mahogany and cedar. There was a really nice one that was Martin D-18 like in tone, but not what I am after. I am totally smitten by the deep thump of a rosewood/spruce dreadnought like a Martin D-45 or HD-28. I tried a Guild dreadnought that was also nice and a lot less. The Seagull rosewood might have that tone. They don't have one in to try though. It would have to be pretty unusual circumstances for me to buy an acoustic without trying it and carrying it out the door with me. :)

tot_Ou_tard
January 9th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Hey tot, somehow missed your post. Will stop at the shop next chance I get and see if they have it. I tried a few of their Seagulls, but they do not have any of the rosewood backed ones. Mostly mahogany and cedar. There was a really nice one that was Martin D-18 like in tone, but not what I am after. I am totally smitten by the deep thump of a rosewood/spruce dreadnought like a Martin D-45 or HD-28. I tried a Guild dreadnought that was also nice and a lot less. The Seagull rosewood might have that tone. They don't have one in to try though. It would have to be pretty unusual circumstances for me to buy an acoustic without trying it and carrying it out the door with me. :)

Thanks Steve. The LG SP90 is a mahogany electric with 2 Seymour Duncan
P90 pups.

ted s
January 9th, 2007, 03:03 PM
My Bro just picked up an LG with Godin split hummers, VERY nice machine !

Tone2TheBone
January 9th, 2007, 03:18 PM
.....You mean there won't be a "Fender '51" coming out this year then? ;)

sunvalleylaw
January 10th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks Steve. The LG SP90 is a mahogany electric with 2 Seymour Duncan
P90 pups.
Stopped by the Hailey shop. Did not have the LG SP90. They had one at Christmas, but sold it, and have some stuff backordered. Looked at couple others they had, and my favorites were the Freeway Classic, a double fat strat kind of thing, and a black SD with a maple fret board, The SD looks in the catalog he gave me to have the same basic body shape. Different wood though. Nice weight and feel. You own some so know about the build. He is going to call if the LG comes in.

tot_Ou_tard
January 10th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Stopped by the Hailey shop. Did not have the LG SP90. They had one at Christmas, but sold it, and have some stuff backordered. Looked at couple others they had, and my favorites were the Freeway Classic, a double fat strat kind of thing, and a black SD with a maple fret board, The SD looks in the catalog he gave me to have the same basic body shape. Different wood though. Nice weight and feel. You own some so know about the build. He is going to call if the LG comes in.
Yeah, i have an SD & a Radiator. Thanks, Steve.

tot_Ou_tard
January 12th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Look at this thread at the Plexi-Palace. Mitch Colby from VOX hints about NAAM releases:

http://www.vintageamps.com/plexiboard/viewtopic.php?t=57180&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Eg:

"The detailed info is secret until next Thursday the first day of the show. But just to whet you appetite here is a little info:

2 totally new tube combos (plus a limited edition version of one)
2 totally new tube heads
2 modeling amps that are extensions of the current product line
2 FX
Some new accessories"

tot_Ou_tard
January 12th, 2007, 08:36 AM
My Bro just picked up an LG with Godin split hummers, VERY nice machine !

It doesn't have a coil tap does it? It has a 5-way switch that spits the coils in pos 2 & 4 if I am correct.

Lev
January 17th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Correction to my previous post, the Jackson Custom Shop are making the new EVH not Fender (although it is all the one company). Here's an exerpt from www.guitarist.co.uk - it'll retail at 15,200 GBP which is somewhere in the region of $20K.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eddie Van Halen Replica Guitar
With NAMM ready for blast off tomorrow (Thursday 18th) at the Anaheim Convention Center (sic), the world’s music industry is gearing up with a slew of new products also prepared for launch.

We’ll be bringing you the latest news from the show floor right here in due course but, to whet your appetite, let us flesh out a story you may be aware of from a huge feature from our sister mag Guitar World: the official replica of Eddie Van Halen’s Frankenstein guitar.

Meticulously designed and built from the ground up by Jackson Custom Shop genius Chip Ellis, he performed most of the early research simply from pictures of Ed printed in various magazines and, once he actually got hold of the real thing, the project absolutely took off.

It’s well worth getting hold of a copy of Guitar World for more info from both Chip and Ed.

Best news is that our pals at Fender GBI have confirmed that they will be taking a total of 15 for the UK market out of a world limit of 300 guitars, which in turn will allow Guitarist to feature an example as soon as they land.

The price? Well, the EVH Replica Guitar has a mooted UK RRP of £15,200…

tot_Ou_tard
January 18th, 2007, 08:05 PM
New Fender/Boss pedals just introduced at NAMM 07.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM07/Content/Boss/PR/Fender-Pedals.html

My question is why would Fender's input be of any use? Folx have been trying to make Fenders/Marshalls etc in pedal form for a long time.

tot_Ou_tard
January 19th, 2007, 07:35 AM
OK VOX has just spilled the beans on their new releases:

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/

First up a new Tonelab, the Tonelab LE replaces bothe the Tonelab and the Tonelab SE
and looks very sleek in its new silver box.

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/tonelab/tonelab_le.asp

ToneLab LE: Loads of new features
The new ToneLab LE includes a few improvements on its popular predecessor, the ToneLab SE. The first is a new four-mode line out voiced specially for various applications, from direct recording to live performance through a PA system. The “Line 2” amp/line setting features an all-new three band Master EQ section modeled after one of the most acclaimed live mixers ever manufactured. This allows you to EQ the sound of your ToneLab LE to suit any room or sound system. For greater flexibility in recording applications, we’ve added an S/P DIF output. Finally, the new ToneLab LE wouldn’t be complete without some new effects! A new “metal distortion” sound will satisfy your need for extreme gain. Two new delays, a slap delay and a two-tap delay with tap tempo, add to the ambient effect offerings in the LE. Finally, a new multi-tap chorus gives you independent chorus taps for each of the left, center and right outputs, producing stunning depth and spaciousness.

Next you have two handwired versions of the AC15 in their new heritage line

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/heritagecollection/

And a new Classic Plus range that includes 3 tubes amps
an AC50, and two AC100's

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/classicplus/

These are two channel amps. The clean channel is suppossed to have the signature VOX chime, while the high gain channel goes into new sonic territory for VOX.

Too bad the tube amps will be too rich for my blood.

SuperSwede
January 19th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the news report Tot!
I cannot believe that they only updated that bulky SE version to LE. And there was not many major updates to it to justify a upgrade for me, same amps and cabs.

tot_Ou_tard
January 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the news report Tot!
I cannot believe that they only updated that bulky SE version to LE. And there was not many major updates to it to justify a upgrade for me, same amps and cabs.

Agreed. A metal pedal model & some delays

YAWN

ted s
January 19th, 2007, 11:40 AM
It doesn't have a coil tap does it? It has a 5-way switch that spits the coils in pos 2 & 4 if I am correct.

Sorry _tot, your question slipped by me. You would be correct sir !

tot_Ou_tard
January 19th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Sorry _tot, your question slipped by me. You would be correct sir !

No problem, ted. Thanks.

On the VOX front. They have also announced a new Valvetronix amp
an AD50VT212

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM07/Content/VOX/PR/AD50VT212.html

which is like an AD50VT, but with a 2x12 cabinet.

tot_Ou_tard
January 20th, 2007, 07:22 AM
I've never paid any attention to Peavey guitars.

Opinions?

They just released two chambered "Vintage Style" guitars

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM07/Content/Peavey/PR/HP-Signature-Generation.html

t_ross33
January 20th, 2007, 08:14 AM
I have a Peavey Generation EXP (Tele-type 2 singles and a bucker at the bridge position). It's not a bad guitar. The p'ups are pretty hot, and the 5 way selector gives you lots of tonal option. It has a nice maple neck and rosewood fretboard, and fit and finish is awesome for a guitar in this price range (cream binding is flawless!). Hardware, especially saddles seem to be a little on the cheap side (die cast?). I'm happy with the way it plays, but I'm still gassing for an honest to goodness tele!

The vintage series intrigues me - I really want a maple fretboard guitar! And now that I have my HB-30 to cover 'bucker territiory, a more traditional tele style bridge p'up would be in order.

All in all Peavey guitars are pretty good value for the dollar, as good or better than some Squiers I've tried in a similar price range. (hmm... the Squier Custom II with the P90s is kinda sweet, I don't have P90s yet :cool:).

Still... that butterscotch 52 RI seems to be calling me. "Love me, squeeze me, take me home!" :)

tot_Ou_tard
January 20th, 2007, 09:06 AM
IStill... that butterscotch 52 RI seems to be calling me. "Love me, squeeze me, take me home!" :)

So when are you leaving your current sweetie to have a fling with that high class 52 streetwalker?

t_ross33
January 20th, 2007, 12:14 PM
So when are you leaving your current sweetie to have a fling with that high class 52 streetwalker?

LOL! When Mrs. T says I can! :D

F_BSurfer
January 21st, 2007, 10:00 AM
Here is a link of news from fender some EVH clips check page 6 for the champ 600 looks pretty cool sweetwater is already listing them for $199
http://frontlinelive.fender.com/index.php?page=1

tot_Ou_tard
January 21st, 2007, 06:12 PM
This video shows the difference between the different Emminence speakers:

http://www.gearwire.com/eminence-speaker-test.html

Lev
January 22nd, 2007, 02:56 AM
Great links guys, fender have also setup a youtube account and posted all their 2007 NAMM demo's, inluding EVH, Andy Summers etc.

www.youtube.com/fendermusical