PDA

View Full Version : Newest Recording

Glacies
February 24th, 2014, 11:02 AM
I am a bit more comfortable with my recording setup, but I will be an amateur for a while.

This is my newest recording, just the guitar for Under the Bridge.

Let me have it:

https://soundcloud.com/stiff-parrot/under-the-bridge-rev

I obviously screw up twice here, but I want to hear what you guys have to say before I go back and work on it. I really appreciate any input.

Eric
February 25th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Sounds surprisingly good, and it seems like you know the parts. Not sure about the end/chorus part though. Were there some renegade strings sounding out there or were those mistakes?

Anyway, from here it's just a matter of polishing until you know it inside out and it will naturally get smoother. You have the tough part down though (playing in time and knowing the parts), so I'd be encouraged.

Glacies
February 25th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Sounds surprisingly good, and it seems like you know the parts. Not sure about the end/chorus part though. Were there some renegade strings sounding out there or was those mistakes?

Anyway, from here it's just a matter of polishing until you know it inside out and it will naturally get smoother. You have the tough part down though (playing in time and knowing the parts), so I'd be encouraged.

Thanks dude.

Yeah everyone is mentioning that the end sounds weird. I will have to investigate that I'm doing that correctly. I'm intentionally letting open strings sing out, but honestly, I focused a lot less on the outro than I did the intro and the verse. I am playing what I intended to play, however.

I had a dream last night that my wife bought me a really cool Gretsch White Falcon, so I might have to learn Californication next.

Glacies
March 4th, 2014, 07:36 AM
I think I figured out what was going on. The tab book I bought shows it totally different than a few videos I saw of him playing. I also forgot he's got a type of chorus effect going on with the outtro, so this weekend I will try to rerecord.

zeusse
March 17th, 2014, 12:41 PM
My comments are about the same as Eric's but the tone is pretty good and overall a great job dude!....I never do things spot on

Glacies
March 17th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Thanks man.

I have fixed the outtro, but haven't recorded it yet. Next recording should be a bit smoother.

That is actually my Les Paul through my ME-70, into my cheapest amp, Peavy Vyprr 15 using a very cheap logitech mic. Sounds way better at apartment volumes for recording than my big 50Watt tube through my Shure microphones. Not sure how I arrived here, but it works with less work so that's what I'm doing until I get out of this place.

We just looked at our next place, big detached garage perfect for turning it up.