PDA

View Full Version : Robert's Truefire cousre available for pre-order!

tjcurtin1
June 21st, 2014, 12:08 PM
Hey, hey, kids! I just got an email from Truefire with pre-order info on Robert's Course, entitled "Blues Booster". It will be available on July 9, but you can order it at a discount now. I got mine ordered - Robert - it looks/sounds fantastic!

http://truefire.com/pre-orders/

http://youtu.be/fgO5hDBZFuM

Robert
June 21st, 2014, 01:21 PM
Thanks Ted!

Use these links

- Instant Download ($19): http://bit.ly/bluesbooster-download
- Disc + Download ($39): http://bit.ly/bluesbooster-dvd

- Promo code for introductory bonus of 10% off: BOOST10

tjcurtin1
June 21st, 2014, 03:11 PM
Oops - sorry, Robert, for jumping in ahead of you... you MIGHT have wanted to announce that yourself... I was just excited to see the course up for sale.

marnold
June 23rd, 2014, 12:21 PM
Hmpf. And here I had put a moratorium on buying any more instructional material . . . may have to revisit that decision.

Update: well, I did try to order the downloadable version. I have $6.42 in TrueFire cash I can put towards it, but none of it seems to apply. Is that because it is a pre-order?

Also, they say that the course is Linux-compatible. Any idea what file format the videos are in?

Robert
June 23rd, 2014, 11:01 PM
Thanks Marnold!

I don't know the file format, but I know Truefire are very helpful if you ask them questions.

I sincerely hope there will be some of you that enjoy the course!

Tig
June 24th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Also, they say that the course is Linux-compatible. Any idea what file format the videos are in?

Looking at my DVD from another course (it contains the same files as the download I have of it) there is a "Linux Video Player" app as well as Windows and Mac players. You simply run the required app from the disc or where you store it on your system. Guitar Pro 6 is nice to have, but not required for the courses.

You should be in good shape, Matt.

marnold
June 24th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the tips on the format. I'm thinking that they aren't letting me use the TrueFire cash because it's a pre-order. Maybe I'll wait until it's officially out because then I might be able to get it cheaper. Helps me justify the purchase :)

tjcurtin1
June 26th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the tips on the format. I'm thinking that they aren't letting me use the TrueFire cash because it's a pre-order. Maybe I'll wait until it's officially out because then I might be able to get it cheaper. Helps me justify the purchase :)

Marnold, I just went through the checkout process and it automatically applied the truefire cash that I had - I didn't have to look for it or try to figure out how to add it to the order. Hope that helps.

marnold
June 27th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Marnold, I just went through the checkout process and it automatically applied the truefire cash that I had - I didn't have to look for it or try to figure out how to add it to the order. Hope that helps.

That's the thing. I could get it to apply with another course but not with Robert's pre-order.

tjcurtin1
June 27th, 2014, 08:38 PM
I applied it to the pre-order with no trouble... maybe try the pre-order link I put in the original post...or maybe call 'em?

Tig
July 3rd, 2014, 01:00 PM
Between now and July 7th, you can save 25% off any course by using "USA25" during checkout. :socool

Robert
July 3rd, 2014, 06:34 PM
Thanks everyone, great to see some of you "being on fire" to get the Truefire course! :) I hope you'll dig it.

tjcurtin1
July 3rd, 2014, 07:49 PM
Hey Robert,

The download is available now - I've already learned good stuff from the first couple of key concepts. I look forward to working through all the material - thanks again for more great lessons and info.

Robert
July 3rd, 2014, 09:32 PM
Awesome Ted, awesome!

Tig
July 4th, 2014, 08:32 PM
:socool Ordered the download while the discount code is active, as well as the SRV licks lesson. I'll download them tomorrow.

Robert
July 4th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Cool Tig, let me know your feedback! :)

marnold
July 5th, 2014, 08:24 PM
I finally got it to apply my TrueFire cash and used the USA25 coupon. Downloading as we speak, although the server doesn't seem terribly speedy.

marnold
July 6th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Now that I have it downloaded and unzipped, I see that it is a simple Flash-based launcher and the videos themselves are in MP4 files which play in VLC rather nicely. The launcher basically gives you an organized way to go from one video to the next. I've only watched a little bit thus far. My parents are over and I really should be sociable :)

Tig
July 7th, 2014, 06:01 AM
I finally got it to apply my TrueFire cash and used the USA25 coupon. Downloading as we speak, although the server doesn't seem terribly speedy.

It took 3 tries to download for me. I'm guessing weekends aren't the best time. I've burned a backup DVD so I'm good to go when I get a moment.