PDA

View Full Version : NPD - Boss DS1

guitartango
June 27th, 2014, 01:34 PM
I have never been a big fan of Distortion pedals, but always thought there was something missing with my sound. I was thinking of buying a mooer pedal but didn't want to spend £60, so seeing the Boss-DS1 at £39.... it will be rude not to.

To me the Boss-DS1 sounds ok on low disortion but blend it with a BD-2 or OD-3 and it's tone heaven. It's a great pedal but need's a decent amp to plug into.

Tig
June 27th, 2014, 03:40 PM
:dance HNPD!

marnold
June 27th, 2014, 05:42 PM
A classic. I'm surprised I've never owned one.

Spudman
July 1st, 2014, 05:41 PM
Congrats on finding a pedal that you like. I've been using one for quite a long time and sometimes it really just fits right, and it does combine with other pedals pretty well. Rock on!

Robert
July 1st, 2014, 07:05 PM
It's a classic!

sunvalleylaw
July 1st, 2014, 08:04 PM
To me the Boss-DS1 sounds ok on low disortion but blend it with a BD-2 or OD-3 and it's tone heaven. It's a great pedal but need's a decent amp to plug into.

It was my first. And I loved running it ahead of the chain through a Bad Monkey Overdrive, similar to what you are doing. I still like that sound. HNPD!

FrankenFretter
July 2nd, 2014, 08:32 PM
HNPD!

I'll use a Tube Screamer-type pedal in front of my other dirt pedals with the drive turned all the way down (or almost all the way) and the volume turned up. Seems to add some midrange and harmonics to the other pedals. If you have one, try it and see what you think!

guitartango
July 3rd, 2014, 02:02 PM
HNPD!

I'll use a Tube Screamer-type pedal in front of my other dirt pedals with the drive turned all the way down (or almost all the way) and the volume turned up. Seems to add some midrange and harmonics to the other pedals. If you have one, try it and see what you think!

Yes you are right, blend it with the right pedal and you can get any sound. I wish I had brought this pedal years ago, you just have to get the right sweetspot.

cebreez
July 15th, 2014, 09:57 PM
HNPD!

I do the same. I have a Ds-1 with the Keeley tube mod with a TS clone in front of it. Just recently started turning off the mod and blending in the TS and I totally agree it opened up a wealth of new tones.