PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my Boss DD-6

marnold
August 5th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I've got a Boss DD-6 digital delay which I run through the effects loop on my JCA22H. I use a 1Spot to power it and leave it plugged in all the time. Lately I've been having problems with it. Basically, the pedal will not be doing what the knobs say it should. My main distortion delay is with the delay mode set at 800ms with the delay time set at noon (so ~500ms since the range on the delay time at that setting is 200-800ms). I keep the effect level at about 9:00 and the feedback slightly less than that. Today, I was getting delays that are way longer than that with quite a bit more feedback.

I checked to make sure I had everything plugged in right, because going into the A input and out the B output doubles the delay time. That was fine. I messed with the mode knob and went for reverse since that is an obvious effect. I don't know what it was, but it wasn't reverse. After twisting with the knobs enough, it seemed to function properly again. Has anyone ever experienced this before? The pedal never moves from the floor in front of my amp, so it hasn't suffered any abuse.

Eric
August 7th, 2014, 10:22 AM
I once had a DD-6 but I don't think I delved into it much. Is it possible that you went into a different mode like tap tempo or something else by holding down the pedal? That may have changed some settings that would not reinitialize until you 'wake it up' by adjusting each knob. I'm just spitballing, obviously -- I don't know for sure what it would be.

marnold
August 8th, 2014, 03:55 PM
I thought about that too. In tap tempo mode, though, the led will flash to what it is set. If another tip from the 1Spot touched metal it might have reset the pedal. I'm going to look into that.

I saw a thread where someone had a similar problem but no resolution was ever posted.