PDA

View Full Version : Npd

Neal
August 19th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I just coped an analogman Prince of tone, and coped it right. This thing drips honey

sixstringdrug
August 19th, 2014, 07:54 PM
great score man. my name just came up for the KOT, now I just gotta get the scratch up to order it, Happy NPD!!

Robert
August 19th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Are these overdrives? I assume they but how would you describe the tone? Like a ts or Timmy or sd1 etc?

Neal
August 22nd, 2014, 05:28 PM
Are these overdrives? I assume they but how would you describe the tone? Like a ts or Timmy or sd1 etc? Robert. This thing has three modes of operation, switchable by a toggle. Overdrive, Cleanboost(which to me, is slighty driven), and Distortion. The overdrive, is actually very sweet, and my ears smell a kind of Klonish flavor. The cleanboost mode is one of the finer cleanboost, that I have played around with, as I don't use a cleanboost, that much. But this cleanboost can supply a hint, of Mango sweet delicate drive, that I'm going to explore.
The full blown distortion is just that. Really high gain, but not over the top, like a Redhead, or a Pro-Valve.

I picked this one up for a fraction of the cost. Got lucky

Neal
August 22nd, 2014, 05:34 PM
great score man. my name just came up for the KOT, now I just gotta get the scratch up to order it, Happy NPD!!

These things go for a lot of Scratchola. But the way I see it, you only live one life, why not experience the best. You will not be disapointed with that pedal. Very transparent.

Neal
August 24th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Robert. I giged with this thing, and this thing is on the board to stay. This pedal is one of the most noisless pedals I ever played thru. In OD, ever with it dimed, you only hear a slight hum.

Robert
August 24th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Congrats Neal!

The only pedal I would be interested in right now is the Simble or similar - Dumble style pedal.

Neal
August 25th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Robert, If you want to do Dumble, take a look at the Hermida Dover Drive. Another one is the Zendrive II. I have them both, can't find any negatives in them.

Tig
August 26th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Congrats Neal!

The only pedal I would be interested in right now is the Simble or similar - Dumble style pedal.

Perhaps the MojoHand DMBL.
Unlike most Dumble in a box pedals, this one isn't focused solely on the high gain spectrum. It has a rock setting and a jazz setting for Carlton/Ford smooth driven tones.
http://tonereport.com/reviews/mojohandfx-dmbl
http://tonereport.com/uploads/img/mojodmbl1.png

Robert
August 26th, 2014, 07:49 AM
I'll check it out. I really liked the simble when I tried it.

Tig
August 26th, 2014, 07:57 AM
I'll check it out. I really liked the simble when I tried it.

I don't think you can lose with the Simble. :hungry
Nothing beats trying something out yourself. Here are several demo's for the rest of us, including a head to head against a real Dumble:
http://www.simbletone.com/

Neal
August 26th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I'm loking at it too

Thanks Tig