PDA

View Full Version : Original song: Not like me

Carlström
January 3rd, 2007, 04:06 AM
Started out as a acoustic only song but as i had finished writing it i noticed that drums would really lift it. And once the drums was there i had to have a bass to fill up the sonic space between the acoustic and the drums. So when it was all recorded it sounded a little thin, so i added a electric guitar quiet just for texture filling up the sound abit.

"Not like me" by T. Carlström (080808: link updated to version with new vocals)

Download MP3 (http://www.tomas-carlstrom.se/music/audio_/t-carlstrom_not-like-me.mp3)

For the gearheads.....gear used:
Emerald Opus X30
Wendler electroCoustic through a Vox AD15VT on AC15 modell
Yamaha TRB-4P through a Carvin 100W15"
Drums written in midi and then assigned samples to them

SuperSwede
January 3rd, 2007, 04:15 AM
Sounds great man! If I may I would like to say that the intro acoustic guitar (chords & melodies) were a little flat and dry. It would sound even better with a hint of chorus and some reverb! Very nice composition!

Robert
January 13th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I like it, you sing great too! It's a good song. Good songwriting. It's just awesome to hear so many talents here on the Fret. Thank you.

Jimi75
January 14th, 2007, 10:45 AM
The intro without the drums reminded me of Springteen's Nebraska stuff - please see this as a great compliment :-)

oldguy
January 17th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Very nice, Carls... on multiple levels... playing, vocals, composition, the message, the mix, all well done. Loved it!:R

Carlström
January 18th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Thank you all, much appriciatead :D