PDA

View Full Version : Where is all the used gear bing sold these days? Not on ebay?

tjcurtin1
November 2nd, 2014, 09:15 PM
The last few times recently that I've looked for used gear on ebay, I've been surprised by how little there is compared to the past. Is everyone selling stuff elsewhere these days, and I'm just late to the party? Or is it just the time of year, or ...?

Tig
November 3rd, 2014, 07:27 AM
Other than Craig's List, perhaps Reverb.
https://reverb.com/

Warning: Browsing through Reverb can cause premature, catastrophic financial ruin and possible divorce proceedings! :drool

Robert
November 3rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
Also lots is being sold via forums. But not this one. :)

piebaldpython
November 3rd, 2014, 01:52 PM
www.steelguitarforum.com sells lots of stuff including amps, pedals and regular gits too.

jtees4
November 3rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
I use them all, and have sold a few things on CL, Reverb, and forums myself...BUT EBay still has the most by far. It's not seller friendly these days however.

duhvoodooman
November 4th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Reverb.com is a big factor, I believe. 3% sales commission rather than the 10% eBay steals from you. I recently bought a used Godin LGX that the seller had posted on both eBay and Reverb.com--but it was $50 cheaper on the latter because of the 7% lower commission rate. No-brainer there....

And as Robert indicated, forums are a big factor, too. I've sold stuff here, at the BYOC forums, and a couple of other places. Though the audience is smaller, the interest factor is exponentially larger.

tjcurtin1
November 4th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the info, guys - I should probably not have asked; ignorance is bliss, and I probably don't really want to waken the sleeping GAS Dragon. I just found myself suddenly interested in the idea of a baritone guitar... (where the heck did that come from??)

Robert
November 5th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Do NOT wake the sleeping GAS Dragon!

:applause

Brian Krashpad
November 17th, 2014, 06:15 AM
It's been cl for me, for a long time.

davesultra
December 16th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I sold on ebay for a dozen years, but not anymore! I sell on Reverb and TGP. Used to sell over at the HOC, but ya' know that's now gone.

tjcurtin1
December 16th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Uh oh... if Heritage gits start showing up here on offer, I may have to leave, after the pics I've been seeing! ;)