PDA

View Full Version : What you gonna buy in 2007?

Robert
January 4th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Just to keep feeding your GAS issues - what's next on your list to buy for the year? :D

I am going to buy a hard wood floor for our house. It will make it hard to afford any guitar stuff (except for a pedal or two, some cables, maybe a small amp, some recording stu... uhh, what am I doing...:rolleyes: )

Seriously, I will buy something. Not sure what, but a MIM Strat would fit me well, dontcha think? :R

Carlström
January 4th, 2007, 10:56 AM
If a huge deal goes the way we want to at work i'll be buying myself a Soloway Swan to celibrate I think. Would still sell some guitars stuff to finance that expensive bastard

http://www.solowayguitars.com/

SuperSwede
January 4th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I need a new compressor, and I wouldnt mind getting a semi-acoustic nylon string guitar as well.

Spudman
January 4th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Dual suspended mountain bike for me and of course the obligatory 60th Anniversary Strat and a Butterscotch Blonde Squier Telecaster. Oh, some masonry work around the house too and some Hot Tamales.:)

Hogfullofblues
January 4th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Our central air conditioning is on it's last leg, which means the furnace is probably right behind it. That should put a pretty good dent in the GAS budget I fear.
So the new geetar I just ordered may be about it for gear for a while. I am going to try and pick up a set of decent smallish computer type speakers for use with with the pod though.
I really want to find some lessons of some type for theory, the caged system, etc. I am trying, but struggling with these concepts on my own.
Anyone have any suggestions for books/CD courses, etc?
Thanks

kerc
January 4th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I gotta fix up a lot of stuff in my house, but I need a SM57, a Weber Mini-Mass, and maybe a couple of pedals...Although, honestly, I'd really love to buy a Reverend Club King RT:

http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/images/guitars/stage_king_series/club_king_rt/club_king_rt_alp.jpg

:D

DaveO
January 4th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Hog, great book for learning

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Total-Scales-Techniques-Applications/dp/0976291703/sr=1-12/qid=1167940354/ref=sr_1_12/102-0624336-3797704?ie=UTF8&s=books

also

http://www.amazon.com/Fretboard-Logic-SE-Reasoning-Arpeggios/dp/0962477060/ref=pd_sim_b_4/102-0624336-3797704

Very good books.
Dave

DaveO
January 4th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah, what am I getting in '07. First more lessons and more practice time. Second :confused:

Dave

t_ross33
January 4th, 2007, 02:21 PM
A Tele. Maybe a '52 RI, or '72 deluxe RI. Then I'm done, right? Right? Help me... I... can't... resist....

Maybe the odd pedal here and there, a new amp, or maybe a 1/2 stack...

Oh, and a new house. Very much needed with 3 growing girls and no place for my gear :o Mrs. T has made me promise to go easy on the GAS and focus on having Christmas dinner in our new place.

Trev

ted s
January 4th, 2007, 02:25 PM
As far as gear, I'm feelin a wah pedal. Aside from gear, planning on a used p/u truck, we've been a single vehicle for ever..PITA.. Wifey-poo has never been to Disney in Florida, nor have I. This spring will be her 39th BD and our 15 aniv. so I guess we're going to Disney.

Lev
January 4th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I'm geting married this year which means I will no longer have a say in how I spend my money. I think my wife-to-be is gonna get me an Epiphone LP '56 GoldTop as a wedding present though so it ain't all bad!

I might try to get one of those nice Rockinger Strats/Teles before the year is out too (if I'm allowed..).

sunvalleylaw
January 4th, 2007, 03:45 PM
My C-30 was my first purchase of '07. A Boss DS-1 is on the way. Hope to add a Bad Monkey. May consider a BYOC pedal clone kit. I will try to stop there for a while and really learn that equipment. Down the road, might like to add a Squire '51 or another guitar with a humbucker someday. Maybe a Vox DA5 or AD15 or 30 for travel and for the boy. Boy, I sure can shop!

Plank_Spanker
January 4th, 2007, 05:38 PM
If you ask my wife, I'll be buying zilch, zero, nada. :D

Big_Rob
January 5th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Im going to buy a used in new shape Martin Backpacker tonight for $65.00

Big_Rob
January 5th, 2007, 02:54 PM
If you ask my wife, I'll be buying zilch, zero, nada. :D

Heh, your wife and my wife must be on the same brainwave cause I had to fight with her to let me buy that Martin

Plank_Spanker
January 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I can't complain, though. My wife did OK my new Les Paul and I'm thrilled with it. My next project will be cheap - new pup rings, selector switch plate and knobs for my LP Studio.

I don't see any personal gear purchases this year. I do see buying PA main speakers and some lights for the band, though. :)

Tone2TheBone
January 5th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I'll be buying some concrete, wood, plywood, sheetrock, insulation, electrical wiring, gas piping, metal roof, paint and plaster for my studio room project coming up this schpring. Afterwards I can buy whatever guitars I want. I hope!

Hogfullofblues
January 6th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the info Dave. I ordered Fretboard Logic and a few other instructional items from Amazon. We'll see if this helps me figger out how to really play this thing.

Ro3b
January 6th, 2007, 09:44 AM
This year my focus is going to be on improving my chops, so I'm going to buy as little as possible and concentrate on learning to get the most out of what I have. I do need to get a new amp, because what I'm playing through now is so emabarrassingly awful I don't even feel comfortable mentioning it on this board.

But other than that, I'm going to stay put with what I have. If I have too much gear, I tend to get distracted: "Ooh, what if I play that lick through that other guitar? And -- and -- if I run the guitar through that pedal it'll fatten up the sound really nicely. But do I want it to sound fat? I don't know... Hey, if I twiddle the knob that way, run this effect through that other effect, then sample the whole thing and use the guitar as a midi trigger while standing really close to the amp to make it feed back, I can go aaaaaOOOOOOOwakkawakkawakka. (Spends the next hour going aaaaaOOOOOOOwakkawakkawakka.) Oh my god, I never have enough time to practice."

t_ross33
January 6th, 2007, 11:02 AM
"Ooh, what if I play that lick through that other guitar? And -- and -- if I run the guitar through that pedal it'll fatten up the sound really nicely. But do I want it to sound fat? I don't know... Hey, if I twiddle the knob that way, run this effect through that other effect, then sample the whole thing and use the guitar as a midi trigger while standing really close to the amp to make it feed back, I can go aaaaaOOOOOOOwakkawakkawakka. (Spends the next hour going aaaaaOOOOOOOwakkawakkawakka.) Oh my god, I never have enough time to practice."

!!LMAO!! aaaaaOOOOOOOOwakkawakkawakka! :D :R :cool:

kerc
January 6th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Oh, no. This is bad... ;)

Reverend Club King RT. 8)

http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Medium/000006965.jpg

This roots/rockabilly bad boy delivers the spank and acoustic richness only a full size semi-hollow can deliver, but with extra clarity and percussive qualites courtesy of the 25-1/2" scale maple neck. The bridge pickup is slightly hotter then the neck pickup for balanced tone. And we wound RevTrons about 5% hotter overall than the originals, so it's also a great blues and rock guitar.

Solid wood construction is featured throughout, with no veneer or plywood. The back, sides and center block are produced from one slab of mahogany which is routed from the top, and then capped with a solid spruce top. Excellent sustain and attack are coupled with substantial resonance, for a uniquely big and responsive tone.

BODY semi-hollow with 5.5 mm solid spruce top on mahogany, and 'shooting star' f-hole. Black back and sides with cream binding. 19-1/4" x 14-3/4" x 1-3/4".
PICKUPS two Reverend Revtron mini-humbuckers, output/tone calibrated for each position.
NECK bolt-on, maple, amber tinted satin finish.
TRUSS ROD dual-action, access at headstock.
SCALE 25-1/2".
FINGERBOARD rosewood, 12" radius.
FRETS 22 medium jumbo.
NECK PROFILE medium oval.
NUT 1-21/32" (42 mm) width, graphite.
TUNERS Wilkinson EZ-Lock tuners with staggered heights.
BRIDGE TOM w/ stop tail.
TREMOLO (OPTIONAL) Les Trem tremolo with precision roller bridge.
CONTROLS custom volume & tone, Bass Contour, 3-way.
WEIGHT approx. 7.5 pounds.
STRINGS 10-46 unless otherwise requested.

$549, but you have to buy a case, so it goes to $658. Not a bad price at all...Here's a pic of the HB version--this is a big axe!

http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/images/the_company/namm_06_photos/namm_gil_clubking.JPG

tot_Ou_tard
January 8th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the info Dave. I ordered Fretboard Logic and a few other instructional items from Amazon. We'll see if this helps me figger out how to really play this thing.

Hey Hoggy.

A guy named Lee Wertman wrote a modes book entitled

"My dog ate my modes"

in the 90's.

If you email him at

ritualee@charter.net

he'll send you a copy. If you like it he asks that you send him $5 via paypal, otherwise delete it.

I just got mine, but haven't had a chance to look through it yet.

------------------------------------------------

I just read through it. I already knew everything that was in it, but it was well written, easy to read, & quickly takes you through modes and chords built on modes.

tot_Ou_tard
January 8th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Oh, no. This is bad... ;)

Reverend Club King RT. 8)

http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Medium/000006965.jpg

My reaction exactly. Any opinions out there about RevTrons? I suppose that they are Reverend's take on Filtertrons, but that begs the question: any opinions out there about Filtertrons?

fendermojoman
February 5th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I have several things I want to get this year:
-New Pups for my Les Paul
-Unload my Epiphone for a new ESP
-Locking tuners for my Strat
-Glendale Saddles for my Tele
-Engine guard for my Motorcycle . . . ooops wrong forum!:eek:
:R :cool: