PDA

View Full Version : Tele update

Mark
January 4th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Well I got my neck from USAGuitars and it a beaut! Flame maple 6230 frets (they are what Fender calls Vintage style) It is a Fatback profile so its a weapon as well as an instrument! I did my dry fit last night to get my bone cut the sustain on this thing unbelieveable I lucked out with some very very musical lumber here. Here are pix of the dry fit. I have since disassembled it and hitting the body with it final coats of clear coat. Then comes the final assembly hopefully this weekend. I decided on a set of the Fender Texas special pups the hardware is all Callaham and I will be running a 4 position switch. Im really looking forward to cranking this, the Guitar I made through the 5E3 amp I built.

Spudman
January 4th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Very nice! That must feel pretty good having done it all yourself. Kudos to you and good luck with the finished product.

Mark
January 4th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Its been fun, a learning experience as well as a study on having patience! Believe it or not it has even helped my playing.

Hogfullofblues
January 4th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Looks awesome. What an accomplishment. I hope we can hear it when you're finished.

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Well I got my neck from USAGuitars and it a beaut! Flame maple 6230 frets
Sheee***t! How many octaves is that Plastic Man?

Answer: 519.17

sunvalleylaw
January 4th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Congrats!! It looks really nice!

r_a_smith3530
January 5th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Wow, she is a beaut! Hey, a friend of mine turned me on to a way cool idea. He mounted his control plate backwards. This allows him to use the tone control as a poor man's whammy of sorts while playing. Just a thought!

M29
January 5th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Hello Mark,

That is one sweet guitar! It is tough dry fitting a guitar for me as I don't want to take it back apart, I want to keep playing it. It is motivating though to get the finish on start to let it dry.
One question, what wood is that body made of?
Great looking neck!

M29

Mark
January 5th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Its a swamp ash body with Vermont maple and colonial pine stains, then clear coated with minwax wipe on polyurethane. The PG is Parchment white and the neck is done in satin vintage tint

warren0728
January 5th, 2007, 10:11 AM
really looking good mark! can't wait to see it completely finished!

nice job...

ww

ted s
January 5th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Looks great, going to be REALLY nice.

M29
January 5th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Mark,

Okay I thought that was Swamp Ash. I am finishing a Swamp Ash body as well. Did you use any grain filler? I am contemplating using a dark grain filler to accent the grain but am afraid it might be too much accent with the Swamp Ash's aggressive grain. Yours looks great, conrats. It sure is a good feeling to do one yourself.

M29

Tone2TheBone
January 5th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Really neat stuff Mark great job.

Mark
January 9th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Heres my Tele project finished, for your viewing pleasure. Sound clips to follow.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Bigredhog/Amp%20Build/?action=view&current=Front.jpg

duhvoodooman
January 9th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Very sweet, Mark! Clips, clips, clips!! :D

tot_Ou_tard
January 9th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Great job as usual Mark. Beat it up some & sell it on EBaY for 85 Grand.

Spudman
January 9th, 2007, 08:26 AM
That's beautiful Mark, but where is the middle pickup?:D

Mark
January 9th, 2007, 09:49 AM
That's beautiful Mark, but where is the middle pickup?:D

Middle Pickup???? There was nothing in the Acme Build-ur-axe kit about a middle pickup...oh wait I found it ....its on my strat!:D :DR :D