PDA

View Full Version : Zexcoils pickups demo

Robert
December 6th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Here is a demo of my Zexcoil pickups. I really like these. They are a little bit hotter than my other pickups, and I didn't think I would like that. However, I do, because it works for my style of playing.

I talked to Scott who builds these, and he said they can do lower output pickups too. I might just try that one day in a different strat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvJEqBZiamM

Tig
December 10th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Bookmarking for viewing at home later...

EDIT: Ah, very nice tones regardless of if they are noiseless or not!

Robert
December 11th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Thanks Tig.

marnold
December 11th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I like em! I too am a big fan of noiseless or low-noise single coils. Not a fan of the pure vintage thing (especially not with any decent level of gain). I thought the middle pickup sounded particularly good. The bridge didn't have the ice pick thing that Strats often suffer from. If there's a negative, I thought that the neck pickup sounded like the tone control was rolled back a bit. Perhaps a regular SV5 at the neck would do the trick.

Robert
December 11th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks Marnold!

Spudman
February 10th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Ya, these sound really good. I may have to mortgage the house and get some.

Robert
February 11th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Thanks Steve, and there is NO HUM! I love that...

Jimi75
February 11th, 2015, 11:21 AM
I've tried to find a dealer in Germany - without success. From your video Robert, these would fit my style perfectly, although I'm always suspicious when hearing the word "noiseless"!

Robert, dou you still play your Suhr?

Robert
February 11th, 2015, 12:17 PM
I sold my Suhr Classic. This American Standard Strat is my main weapon now, although I sometimes use a Squier with Warmoth neck, and a Road Worn Strat.

You can contact Zexcoil at http://www.zexcoil.com/contact.html - I'm sure they can ship it to you. They are great people to deal with.

kidsmoke
February 13th, 2015, 03:14 PM
I sold my Suhr Classic. This American Standard Strat is my main weapon now, although I sometimes use a Squier with Warmoth neck, and a Road Worn Strat.

You can contact Zexcoil at http://www.zexcoil.com/contact.html - I'm sure they can ship it to you. They are great people to deal with.

Cold as it is in Alberta, it appears Hell has also frozen over!! Never thought I'd hear those words. Enjoy the new #1!

Robert
February 13th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Hell Guitars will have a new big update coming soon! I assume you meant the Hell Guitars website is quiet of late? It's the calm before the storm...

kidsmoke
February 13th, 2015, 04:11 PM
ahh, no...but you raise a good point. Have been interested to hear what SYO has been up to.

I meant that I thought you'd NEVER sell the Suhr.

Robert
February 13th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Well nothing lasts forever, I've heard. One day I hope to build my own FrankenStrat that doesn't have any brand name attached to it. I'll just call it MINE... haha!

Jimi75
February 13th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Well, I considered having a good builder build MY Strat, but everything I wanted in that guitar was too close to my Jimmie Vaughan Strat, which has been my number one sine 1997! So I decided to rather invest in my No1 in form of a new pick up set.

Robert
February 14th, 2015, 01:22 AM
You'd like the zexcoils. They are a little bit hotter than standard strat pickups. But in a good way.

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk.