PDA

View Full Version : Duffy

Robert
December 10th, 2014, 09:43 AM
ZMAN mentioned that Duffy is undergoing surgery today.

Let's all send Duffy our thoughts, prayers and Healing Mojo. Hope to see you back here soon, Duffy.

Tig
December 10th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Giving Duffy everything I got in the mojo and prayers department. Fight the good fight!

oldguy
December 10th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Thoughts, prayers, and mojo sent for Duffy. Hope all goes well.
Same goes for ZMAN, for continued good reports.

ZMAN
December 11th, 2014, 07:57 AM
No word yet. I will update as soon as I find out.

tjcurtin1
December 11th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Best wishes, Duffy!

duhvoodooman
December 11th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Major mojo sent your way, Duffmeister! Hope you're back & better than ever soon....

Katastrophe
December 11th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Prayers and wishes for a quick, painless recovery, Duffy!

ZMAN
December 12th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I guess the Mojo worked! I got a quick message from his Iphone that said the surgery was a success, and they were able to remove the tumour. This was his only remaining kidney, so it looks as if they were able to save it, and he most likely will not need dialysis. I will let him know when I talk to him about the well wishes from the Fret. We have kept in touch even though I am in Ontario Canada, and he is in Pa. He is apparently on his way home tonight. Modern medicine is really amazing.
Thanks again guys from both of us.

piebaldpython
December 12th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Congrat Duffy and Z-man. I hope you both continue to do well.

marnold
December 12th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Great news! It's amazing what doctors can do these days.

Robert
December 13th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Congrats and best wishes to Duffy fit continued health.

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Late to this thread. Awesome news! Best wishes for full recovery!

Duffy
December 19th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Thanks for all the serious mojo. I'm sure it helped.

I came home last Friday late in the evening and was feeling quite poor really. Getting worse thru the weekend on Tuesday morning I went to the ER here where I live and was shortly loaded onto an ambulance and transported back up to Syracuse.

n Syracuse they got right on top of my situation and brought things under control expeditiously and the course of action was agreed upon. I was in good enough shape to again come home tonight. I also now have a local urologist that I can see if anything comes up that need to be looked at with a trained set of urologic eyes. My doctors in Syracuse are now working with the local guy to keep a better eye on my condition, and the continuity of care should be much better and more immediate now.

It will be a few weeks before I'm back to normal. I'm relaxing and playing a lot of guitar here at home.

All of your thoughts are appreciated and I was unaware of this thread until just today.

ZMAN
December 19th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Update! I talked to him on the phone last night. He called me from Syracuse. I guess he had some slight complications, where a drainage tube was not functioning. He had to return to Syracuse for some follow up treatment. He is doing fine and was waiting for his girlfriend to pick him up, to head home. He was a little groggy, but I told him about this thread, and he plans on chiming in soon. So far so good! Thanks again guys for the well wishes!

edit!
I guess he beat me to it. LOL

Tig
December 19th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Duffy, you made my morning! I hope you keep progressing and will feel better then ever.

Robert
December 19th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Great to hear the good news!

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk

Duffy
December 23rd, 2014, 10:22 AM
I'm experiencing less pain but am on a lot of bed rest. I'm playing guitar and find it relaxing and thought provoking. Playing my new PRS SE's, Custom 24' and Tremonti Custom, as well as my old Singlecut Tremolo thru my Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb RI - great sounding combination; Marshall DSL40C combo too, recently retubed and biased for an super cool sound.

The quiet and relaxation is helping me out a lot. Almost zero pain meds so the pain is front and center, of course. I'm progressing well though.

Glad to hear the best wishes from you guys. We spent a lot of years together and it looks like the forum is getting some more attention which is inspiring.

Duffy
December 23rd, 2014, 10:30 AM
I'm experiencing less pain but am on a lot of bed rest. I'm playing guitar and find it relaxing and thought provoking. Playing my new PRS SE's, Custom 24' and Tremonti Custom, as well as my old Singlecut Tremolo thru my Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb RI - great sounding combination; Marshall DSL40C combo too, recently retubed and biased for an super cool sound.

The quiet and relaxation is helping me out a lot. Almost zero pain meds so the pain is front and center, of course. I'm progressing well though.

Glad to hear the best wishes from you guys. We spent a lot of years together and it looks like the forum is getting some more attention which is inspiring.

Robert
December 23rd, 2014, 11:53 AM
Great to hear, Duffy! Wishing you a speedy recovery and a lot of guitar playing!

FrankenFretter
January 2nd, 2015, 02:50 AM
I'm a little late here, but glad to hear that things went well for you, Duffy.

MAXIFUNK
January 26th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Best Wishes just saw this nothing but continued good health you always answered my newbbie questions God Speed Duffy!