PDA

View Full Version : Big update! Registered users have full access...

Robert
December 15th, 2014, 12:29 PM
to blogs, signature and a bunch of other things.

In short, I have gotten rid of most of the limitations put on the regular user accounts.

I have done this because "the world has moved on"... so to speak. I am hoping this will encourage more activity on this site.

Those of you who are on the yearly subscription system have two options - either you cancel it, or you let continue as is (any contribution is appreciated - it is work to maintain a site like this). The paid subscription feature does give you the largest private messages inbox available - 100 messages for Bronze, 250 for Silver and 500 for Gold.

Thanks for your support! Now let's get this place going! :)

Retro Hound
December 15th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Thanks Robert! I can only afford the bronze ever other year, so it's nice to be able to comment in the For Sale sections and other places.

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks Robert! Hey, while you are changing things, is there a way to add a "like" feature within the forum, in addition to or instead of the FB one? It is nice sometimes to be able to acknowledge a member's post by "liking" it when you don't have anything particular to say about that post.

Just a thought. Thanks for all you do! Hopefully I can be of a bit more help around here again in 2015!

Tig
December 17th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I haven't been able to change my avatar in over a year. I've tried every possible method and gave up until now. I tried it again and no luck, be it via uploading a small 120 pixel 2kb file or linking to the URL. Being an IT guy, I've tried all the tricks I know.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7464/15857412748_c001fcd7e1_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7464/15857412748_c001fcd7e1_o.jpg

Robert
December 17th, 2014, 06:47 PM
I added a Like feature. Took me most of the afternoon! :help
Very hard to get it to work properly. Sometimes it really sucks when you take the time to do something seemingly simple, but then bugs and gremlins and crappy software stands in your way. :french

I'll fix your problem shortly Tig, hang in there.

Robert
December 17th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Tig! I think it works! You can now Like my post. :)

Koula
December 17th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Robert, I've been trying to figure out a way to add an avatar, but don't see an option for it. Please advise.

Koula
December 17th, 2014, 10:39 PM
I finally found the function where I could add an avatar pic but I don't see it showing up.

Robert
December 17th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Go to "Settings", top right, then Edit Avatar.

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2014, 11:23 PM
I added a Like feature. Took me most of the afternoon! :help
Very hard to get it to work properly. Sometimes it really sucks when you take the time to do something seemingly simple, but then bugs and gremlins and crappy software stands in your way. :french

I'll fix your problem shortly Tig, hang in there.

Thanks Robert! I "Like" this feature!

Tig
December 18th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Tig! I think it works! You can now Like my post. :)

<--- It works! Now I can zap posts with Gort's laser! :dance