PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Matter Custard - Beatles content

Spudman
January 5th, 2007, 02:49 PM
For those of you that may have missed out on seeing or even hearing about the Beatles tribute band Yellow Matter Custard, somebody has been nice enough to put up quite a few videos of one of their gigs on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmQrsgV1zLo
This is While My Guitar Gently Weeps, for starters.

Now the cool part.
the band is:
Mike Portnoy -drums, vocals (Dream Theater, Neal Morse, Transatlantic, drummers hall of fame)
Neal Morse - vocals, keys, guitar (Spock's Beard, Transatlantic, solo)
Paul Gilbert - guitar, vocals (Mr. Big, solo)
Matt Bissonette - bass, vocals (David Lee Roth, Joe Satriani and anyone else you can think of)

Robert
January 5th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Ohh, cool band! I can see you getting quite excited about that band - some of your favourite players right there!

Spudman
January 5th, 2007, 04:54 PM
The bonus is that the live record they released is a double length album, and they do a terrific job of sounding like the Beatles. They nail all the harmonies and instrument parts and stay true to the original records. It's awesome!

You can tell these guys are probably the biggest Beatles freaks working in music today. It's great that they know who deserves all their respect. Everyone of these guys is a monster player in everything that they do.

tot_Ou_tard
January 5th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Holy f@#k Batman, just holy f@#k!

...great name too!

Wikipedia entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Matter_Custard

Tone2TheBone
January 5th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for sending me some Spud. :)

Johnny Z
January 11th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Very cool. I saw this Tribute band called The Fab Four, it was quite a flash back for me since I remember when The Beatles first came to America. These guys did 3 phases of the Beatles, early, SGT Pepper and late. They looked and sounded just like them in each phase. It really was amasing. I played a lot of Beatles tunes in bands over the years but never as close to the original as these guys. I took my Daugher who was only 15 and she dug it, I guess somethings never change.

sunvalleylaw
January 11th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I think I have seen the Fab Four (the cover band) Last night, the local radio station played side two of Abbey Road in its entirety. I listened to that album at least once a week my senior year of high school. I don't own a copy now. I had forgotten what a smorgasboard of tone that album is.