PDA

View Full Version : New Arrival From HOC and elsewhere

Flyin' Brian
December 16th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Hi folks. Brian here....actually retired so not "flyin'" any more.

I'm a US reject now living in the Ottawa, Canada area....retired old fart playing music in 3 different bands these days. I use a Heritage Prospect 95% of the time, also have a Sweet 16 an '80s Strat and a MIJ Jazzmaster.

I'm currently playing with 4 different projects....a 5 piece Adult Alternative Rock group (that's how the industry describes it) a jump blues/swing quartet and two different jazz trios.

Nice to be here.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/brian329/Gear/Gig%20pics/guitar.jpg

Robert
December 16th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Welcome Brian, flyin' or not!

Koula
December 17th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Welcome Brian!

Schundog
December 17th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Having Flyin' Brian be part of this community would be great! Seeing some of his posts over on TGP, along with Brent's, are what led me to The Heritage in the first place. Welcome, "other" Brian!

duhvoodooman
December 17th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Glad to have you with us, Brian!

Tell us about that H535--I see all kinds of extra doodads on that bad boy!

Jipes
December 17th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Welcome Here Brian !

jazzrat
December 17th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Nice to see you here Brian. Always enjoyed your contributions when I've seen them elsewhere.

Tig
December 17th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Brian. Yikes, I bet you never expected to be so busy after retiring!

So what did you fly in your pilot days?

kidsmoke
December 17th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Glad to have you with us, Brian!

Tell us about that H535--I see all kinds of extra doodads on that bad boy!

(pssst...it's a Prospect, smaller wasted than a 535)

This ones got VIP system...which I've never played, but it's about in phase out phase, etc. he'll tell ya. I'll get it wrong I'm sure.

duhvoodooman
December 17th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I wondered if it might be a Prospect, but I really couldn't tell from the photo. Other than the body/waste size, are there any other "tells"? The fret markers were unlike any H535 I'd seen, but I thought that might just be a custom order.

Tig
December 17th, 2014, 11:09 AM

This ones got VIP system...which I've never played, but it's about in phase out phase, etc. he'll tell ya. I'll get it wrong I'm sure.

That sounds like the perfect semi-hollow for me. :AOK

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Welcome!

helliott
December 18th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Welcome Brian. Another captive of our Canadian winter, although here in Hamilton we don't get the extreme snow and cold you folks get. Hope you enjoy this place as I have.

Flyin' Brian
December 19th, 2014, 02:24 AM
Wow! Hi to all and thanks for the reception! Let's see....yes it's a Prospect, yes it HAD a dual VIP wiring setup on it at one point but now it has Lindy Fralin's glorious P-92's on it which are single coil, so the VIP switches are just filling holes. The other extra is a master volume which is a very convenient throwback to when I had a Guild Starfire VI. The ebony fretboard was also a special order as were a couple of other cosmetic things.

It sounds like this on the last couple of originals our band recorded.

https://soundcloud.com/yomamaband/sets/kiss-you-because-i-can

Tig the last airplane I flew before retiring was a Dassault Falcon 900C, pictured here, in addition I flew 7 or 8 other business jets from Lears to Canadair Challengers.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/brian329/Aviation/900DW.jpg

helliot you're right abut the Canadian winters....the price I paid for marrying an Ottawa native! :D

duhvoodooman
December 19th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Tig the last airplane I flew before retiring was a Dassault Falcon 900C, pictured here....

WHOA!! Sweet ride, as they say!

Brian Krashpad
December 24th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Welcome Brian!

DetroitBlues
December 26th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Very busy guy from being retired!