PDA

View Full Version : couple of live tracks, one demos organ machine

helliott
January 23rd, 2015, 04:28 PM
Thought I would share these recent live recordings from a local club. The first one is Black Magic Woman Gypsy Queen and it's the first time we tried an Electroharmonix Organ Machine live. Both guitarists have one, I have the C9 and Jamie the B9. This is him adding organ to the classic Santana tune. It won't confuse a keyboard player, but it does add something new to an all-guitar sound.

https://app.box.com/s/u89zw0axhfrnxhfbmxg9z12f3ctbzqd9

The second is the Band classic Shape I'm In and I share it just because it was fun.

https://app.box.com/s/oni1ilarr7jdjgh4wnkwewxs3t6m16zs

Feedback and comments welcome as usual.

Jimi75
January 24th, 2015, 01:45 AM
Sounds pretty tight and professional. The EHX C9 does a convincing job - I do not hear any difference to the real thing. Great guitar sound and cool background vocals. I'd definitely enjoy seeing you play live.

piebaldpython
January 24th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Great stuff........good playing.

helliott
January 24th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys. I was skeptical about the organ pedals. But I'm a convert now. We can even throw in some Booker T stuff -- Green Onions, Time is Tight. Cool way to add variety to a two-guitar band with no keys.

marnold
January 24th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Those pedals work surprisingly well. I'm guessing some people would be looking very hard to see where the keyboard player was.

Oh yeah, great playing too!

Robert
January 28th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Nice playing! I didn't know about those organ pedals - thanks for sharing!

helliott
January 28th, 2015, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys. And marnold, there was a guy who wondered where the keys guy was. I said we keep him in a box. Next up, see if we can make Green Onions work. Will record at a gig soon and share (assuming it doesn't sound like crap, that is) Also might be an organ part for Stormy Monday and maybe Why'd You Lie, so we'll try that, too.

marnold
January 29th, 2015, 12:17 AM
Green Onions would be most impressive.

Robert
January 29th, 2015, 09:50 AM
I'm floored by how realistic these things sound! Amazingly brilliant.