PDA

View Full Version : Guitar selling dilemma...opinions?

kerc
January 6th, 2007, 06:52 AM
You guys know that I recently bought a Reverend Warhawk HB. To say that I love this guitar is an understatement--I've been playing it exclusively. The tones and playability I get out of this axe surpass everything else I have--only my Tele with GFS pickups is equal in the tone "goodness" level.

Anyway, this has made me ponder about all my other guitars. The Warhawk covers a lot of sonic terrain, it can even do single-coil sounds by using the bass contour control. So basically I have all these guitars taking dust and not being used:

Danelectro 56-U2
Washburn LT-2
Squier '51
Hamer Slammer DA3
First Act ME501
A 1993 MIM Squier Strat that needs rebuilding

By the way, I will never sell the Tele. So anyway, I'm wondering if I should sell them and get something else I would really use, like a Reverend Club King RT...A part of me says "yes, sell them, they're wasting space there, get another pro axe", and another part says "keep them, you like them, you won't get much cash for them anyway"...

:(

I'm confused. :confused:

DaveO
January 6th, 2007, 07:58 AM
I recently went through the same thing. Sold all but one electric and one acoustic (I had 6 guitars at the time) and bought a Taylor GSRS and a nice amp and never looked back. Better gear definitely inspires you to play more.
Dave

Spudman
January 6th, 2007, 11:29 AM
DaveO makes a good point. If you appreciate the good gear that you are buying and are happy with it, then get rid of the cheap stuff and move up. You'll have gear that you REALLY like and your investments will bring you a higher return.

Iago
January 6th, 2007, 12:37 PM
sell me the dano ehhehe

Hogfullofblues
January 7th, 2007, 09:14 AM
To say that I love this guitar is an understatement--I've been playing it exclusively.

...should sell them and get something else I would really use, like a Reverend Club King RT...

After re-reading this and listening to your Warhawk sound clips, IMHO, SELL, SELL, SELL!