PDA

View Full Version : Donner - Morpher mini pedal

Spudman
February 4th, 2015, 02:32 PM
I saw the thread about the Tube Screamer mini pedal and thought "let's keep with that theme, mini pedals."

I've had this for about 2 weeks, but have been too busy to even try it out until today. While waiting for the rain to quit, (so I can go for a bike ride) I thought this would be a good time to try it.

In short; I'm really glad I got this. It's awesome.

With the level around 11 o'clock, it punches the front of the amph just a tiny bit and all kinds of goodness is evident. I started with the 'mode' switch in 'Classic' and was greeted with a saturated but very clear sound. On my Ibanez ART300 that has the active pickups, it was full, clean controllable with perfect note separation. Everything just sounded bigger, hairier, but cleaner than it did before. You can tell there's distortion, but it sounds like a really high dollar tube amph saturation. Rolling down the volume it cleaned up really nice with still some underlying distortion, yet it's really clean and bold sounding. Very touch responsive too. Play hard - get bite and grit, play lightly and get fat clean sounds.

By the way, I'm playing it through a Blackheart Little Giant 5 watt head into a single 12" cabinet. Turning the amp up halfway gave me a very solid boutique amph sound, seriously.

Next I grabbed a Squier Deluxe Strat with Duncan Designed single coils and ProTone Strat.

Same thing. A very bold Strat that sounded like it was being played through a saturated boutique amph. It cleaned up nicely with the volume rolled back and chords were fat and full with very noticeable note definition. The 'tone' knob is at 3 o'clock.

Moving the 'mode' switch to 'tight' got much of the same thing, but the notes were even better defined. The attack on notes was more percussive and clearer. The 'natural' mode is a mode different from the other two and highly usable as it is too. It sounds like playing through a boutique amph maybe without as much percussive attack as the other modes.

One thing: It wont run on batteries. It's too small to fit one inside. It will only run on an outside pedal power supply.

All-in all a pretty sweet and cheap mini pedal that is a keeper for me for sure.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/amps/4d31b8f2-4303-4f73-8815-3e517fcba8b6_zpsq2mj5gkw.jpg

marnold
February 4th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Interesting! Price is right too. Their line seems similar to the Outlaw pedals that have hit the market recently.