PDA

View Full Version : NGD: Carvin DC127

Eric
February 7th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Finally pulled the trigger on a Carvin and got a DC127 from ebay at a pretty good price. This is the standard thing with C22 pups, coil splits, phase switch, neck through, etc. It's kind of a crazy green color but I dig it, so I figure it's all good. Kind of approaching this as a tool instead of an object of guitar affection, if you catch my drift.

So now my Agile AL-3100 is on ebay and will eventually be shipped to a lucky buyer. I still really like it, but it's a little heavy and I prefer better upper fret access. I am primarily selling it so that I don't have a default and have to adapt to the Carvin.

I consider myself mostly a bassist, but I still end up getting enlisted to play guitar fairly regularly at church and what not, so this should make it a more pleasurable task. Sounds great with the Pod HD500 and the standard plexi model I use.

Jimi75
February 7th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Congrats! I love that green color! Carvin makes some great guitars, unfortunately totally underrated.
You'll enjoy that instrument and who knows...maybe you'll dig in playing guitar more frequently in the future ;-)

piebaldpython
February 7th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Nice score with the Carvin......cool color.......underrated gits and amphs.

marnold
February 7th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Nice! Wouldn't mind having a Carvin my own self one day.

tjcurtin1
February 7th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Nice to see you sidling back over towards geetar-land, Eric! Hope you enjoy it - I've never come across a Carvin to try.

oldguy
February 8th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Congratulations, Eric, Carvins are great guitars, imo.

duhvoodooman
February 8th, 2015, 12:25 PM
NICE!!! Carvin's are a great value. And I LOVE that color!

Robert
February 8th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Congrats, Carvin make great guitars.

Retro Hound
February 9th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Hmmm... Congrats on the guitar, but the color is a bit much for my understated tastes. Perhaps a pick guard would help. Not this it matters to me what guitar you play. Or that it matters to you what my opinion on the color is. Have fun with it!

Tig
February 9th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Nice find, Eric! I dig that trans green. Carvins are a great buy second handed.

Eric
February 9th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Nice find, Eric! I dig that trans green. Carvins are a great buy second handed.
Thanks! That was my thought too, and early indications seem to validate the decision, though I suppose honeymoons always do. The neck is a little on the slim side, but nothing obnoxious.

stingx
February 17th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Congrats on the Carvin, Eric. Really nice guitar. :thumbsup

Jipes
February 18th, 2015, 03:42 AM
Very nice axe I love the color ! Congrats !