PDA

View Full Version : Bass Players on The Fret Roll Call!!!!

MAXIFUNK
March 3rd, 2015, 03:41 AM
Who all plays bass among the Fretter's?
Full Time, Part Time or just to break the Guitar drama?

Full time Bass Player!

marnold
March 3rd, 2015, 09:24 AM
Well, I started out on a terrible acoustic in late grade school. In high school I switched to bass and really enjoyed it. I wanted to play electric guitar but my folks didn't like that idea. When I finally got out of school I bought an electric. Overall, I am first and foremost a poor excuse for a bassist who is trying to become a even poorer excuse for a guitarist.

I've only played bass on stage, although I did play acoustic once at church. Bass feels more natural to me.

Eric
March 3rd, 2015, 02:31 PM
Boom. Any time I can play bass, I will.

I play at church a fair deal and occasionally get called on to play lead guitar because for some reason there aren't any people in church who can play an electric guitar, but if there's not a huge gap at guitar and a logjam of bassists, I still pick bass every time. On that note, I have also played drums a few times at church.

I also play bass full time in my band.

Tony Trout
September 18th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Part time bassist here. I also play acoustic/electric; electric; b-bender; lap steel; slide guitar. And keyboard/piano; drums & I sing as well. However, I haven't played out in a band situation in over a year due to extreme health issues with my heart after having a stent put in back in March of this year in Atlanta.

My what you might term, "first comeback gig", is scheduled for the first weekend in October at the local folk school festival that my area has every year. I'll be playing guitar - however, I wish that the bandleader would allow me to stretch out a bit and play some piano/keyboards to "fill out" the sound of just an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar and a bass.....but, of course, that's all that Elvis had when he started in '54 so...who am I to complain?? LOL

Robert
September 18th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Hey Tony, bass rocks!

I play a bit of bass for my backing tracks, but my bass doesn't intonate so good, which bugs me.

Stay healthy.