PDA

View Full Version : FS: Mega-modified Fender Blues Junior

duhvoodooman
March 11th, 2015, 11:04 AM
For sale is my 2003 Fender Blues Junior (standard black tolex model), which has had nearly every "BillM" mod done on it. As I began to transition from just building pedals into modifying & building amps, I used the popular Bill Machrone "BillM" mods as a learning experience. Consequently, I added many more modifications to this amp than really made economic sense--but it was enjoyable, educational, and the amp really does sound great.

For the last year and a half or so, it has been the amp I use with my church praise band--that translates to about 2 - 3 hrs. of modest volume operation per week. It's in nice shape, never abused, and has been either in my home or at my church--both smoke-free--since I acquired it in Dec. '07. I'm only selling it because I recently acquired a Hot Rod Deluxe and no longer have a need (or the room at home) for the Blues. Jr. Will hate to see it go, since I put a lot of sweat into all those mods! Will come with a brand new set of TungSol 6V6's installed.

To summarize the mods that were done, here's the list:

Tone stack optimization
"Twin" tone stack mod
Added adjustable power tube bias control
Installed audio taper volume pot
Installed audio taper reverb control
Installed metal Switchcraft input jack
Added aux. speaker jack
Added line out jack
Added standby switch
Added presence control
Upgraded to 22W Heyboer OT with 4/8 ohm switching
Octal tube conversion to run 6V6 power tubes
Connected the unused half of V2 as a cathode follower between preamp & tone stack; changed V2 to a 12DW7
Upgraded speaker to Eminence Cannabis Rex

Between all of these, I believe I calculated that I put another ~$300 into the amp above what I originally paid for it. There is a more detailed rundown on the mods along with photos posted here: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/14948 Additionally, you can read about many of the BillM mods on his website HERE (http://billmaudio.com/wp/?page_id=90)--mouseover the "BillM Mods in Detail" entry on the menu bar to get the dropdown list of mods.

Bottom-line: $375 with the stock Eminence speaker or $425 with the Cannabis Rex speaker. Shipping cost extra, US and Canada destinations only. PayPal payment required. PM if interested.

This amp will blow away a stock Blues Junior, and those go for $530 these days....

Robert
March 11th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Sweet! :dance :gossip

piebaldpython
March 11th, 2015, 10:00 PM
DIBS to the boy from Philly.

piebaldpython
March 12th, 2015, 06:14 AM
I want..........PM sent.

duhvoodooman
March 12th, 2015, 10:57 AM
** sold!! **