PDA

View Full Version : Better Call Saul

Robert
March 24th, 2015, 06:14 PM
I LOVE this show!

This week I watched "RICO", Season 1, Episode 8.

Krashpad and SVL, have you seen this show? What Jimmy and Chuck are currently doing must interest you? I don't know how realistic it is (I'm no lawyer!) but it's great entertainment!

Brian Krashpad
March 25th, 2015, 05:07 AM
Yes, I love it. Unfortunately I've missed the last 2 episodes, so I have some catching up to do. Mrs. K doesn't like dark humor or violence so if I watch it's alone or with Krashpadito.

Robert, did you also watch Breaking Bad? It's not absolutely necessary, but if you have, then you'll know some of the characters.

If the latest episode was called RICO, as a lawyer I can tell you that's the Racketeer-Influenced Corruption Act, a federal statute originally meant to attack organize crime, but actually applicable whenever a plaintiff can establish a "pattern" of multiple wrongdoings which are federal crimes, all carried out by the same "enterprise." Last I saw, Jimmy was beginning to work the "elder law" angle, is he going after the nursing home? (Spoilers are OK, for me anyhow.)

I think some parts of the show are fairly realistic, like the interplay between lawyers, cops, and court personnel. Obviously it's highly stylized.

Robert
March 25th, 2015, 02:15 PM
You will love the RICO episode! It was one of the best so far.

Jimmy is picking up on why the elderly have any hardly money... he's pretty smart! He finds a big case and seems to have found a way to help is brother too in the process. The dumpster scene is killer... :)

stingx
March 29th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Great show! I loved BB and I'm getting into BCS big time.

Jipes
March 31st, 2015, 03:43 AM
This character from Breakin Bad is great it's not yet on the french channels but I would love to see it

Robert
April 8th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Yes I watched breaking bad. I love it too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Algonquin
April 13th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Season one of Better Call Saul was excellent! :AOK

Saul (It's all good man!) Goodman was a great piece of the Breaking Bad masterpiece. I waited till the season was almost done and then knocked off the 10 episodes in a few days. I was glad that Mike was a big part of the show, and now I'm really looking forward to Season 2!