PDA

View Full Version : Two Rock Studio Pro 35 - Demo (no talking)

Jimi75
April 19th, 2015, 04:33 AM
Hey guys,

Finally found some time for some quick licks and run through of my pedal board.

https://youtu.be/OVmFBOvzvV8

Robert
April 19th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Nice shoes and nice playing! Looks like Asics football shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVmFBOvzvV8&feature=youtu.be

Jimi75
April 19th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Hope you liked the amp, too ;-))
Shoes are Onitsuka Tigers (Martial Arts Shoes).

piebaldpython
April 19th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Great sounding amp. It handled all of the pedals/effects that you threw at it. Nice playing too.

tjcurtin1
April 19th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Yeah, great sound, great playing! thanks for taking the time to give us a listen to that amp, Jimi.

Jimi75
April 20th, 2015, 01:13 AM
Thanks! Yeah it takes pedals well, but with a 1x12 it's sometimes tricky cascading pedals, because it can bring the amp to its limits. I really like the midrange I get with the overdriven sound, it still reminds me of an old 50w Marshall.

Robert
April 20th, 2015, 12:36 PM
How did you record it? Sounds like the demo would benefit from a close mic? Sorry for being picky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimi75
April 20th, 2015, 01:41 PM
How did you record it? Sounds like the demo would benefit from a close mic? Sorry for being picky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just with my iphone :-) Had no time to mic it this time, but I'll do a mixed demo sometime later...

helliott
April 20th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Great sounding amph. And a great playing, too. Can you tell me about the plexiglass shield around the amp? We have some favourite gigs that are very small and wondering if we could get better amp sounds with some shielding. Thanks for sharing this.

Jimi75
April 20th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Yeah, great sound, great playing! thanks for taking the time to give us a listen to that amp, Jimi.

Thanks TJ! The baffle is made by Clearsonic, who also produce Joe Bonamassa's shields. It's not diminishing the volume but it keeps the direct volume/frequency blast away from the audience and the other mics. This allows you to run your amp at a volume that gives you the sweetspot sound without interfering with the overall stage mix. Further the baffle doesn't change your sound, actually I do not really notice a difference in sound except of the fact that it is way more comfortable to play with the Plexi than without it.

guitartango
April 21st, 2015, 02:20 PM
Nice sound Jimi, the Clearsonic baffles seem very expensive for a piece of plastic !. Just buy some hinges and drill some holes into some clear plexiglass...simples

Jimi75
April 21st, 2015, 02:49 PM
Nice sound Jimi, the Clearsonic baffles seem very expensive for a piece of plastic !. Just buy some hinges and drill some holes into some clear plexiglass...simples

Nahhh, it's not just plastic. I think the quality is very good and especially the connection between the single elements is not just some hinges. I was lucky enough and the Baffle was sponsored, but I would have paid every single penny for it.