PDA

View Full Version : New Bass Player!!!! That was quick!

Jimi75
April 29th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Folks,

Our bass player left us without warning - due to health reasons. All this happened right after we've confirmed some really cool gigs, for e.g. at the Hard Rock Cafe and probably a support slot for Tedeschi Trucks Band. However, a good friend who's a cool singer and guitar player said he would try to step in on the bass. His father was playing bass with the BBC orchestra and jumped in as a sidekick bass player for Gary Moore - this led us to believe our friend hopefully has inherited some of his dad's talent ;-) Anyways, we had two rehearsals and he said he would love to join. He borrowed equipment from his dad, which sounds awesome. He seems to dig bass playing and fortunately he doesn't play like a guitar player but totally groove oriented, just like a bass player should play ;-) We've clarified the rolesso that his main project will not be superior to our band. He agreed and we will soon record our new 4 track EP which was already in preproduction. Best thing - he said my guitar sound is pure guitarpo*n to him - guys, I count this as a great compliment and it let me know that my decision to spend so much money on the Two Rock was perfectly right. So cross your fingers, I need some luck after having played with three different bass players over the last 11 months - we feel like Spinal Tap almost :-)))
Keep you updated...

tjcurtin1
April 29th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Congrats, Jimi - that was quick, and sounds like he is a good match for you. Best of luck! Good luck for the bass player, too, with all the cool gigs you have lined up...

marnold
April 29th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Great news! That opening gig would be incredible. Hope your drummer doesn't explode ;)

Jimi75
April 29th, 2015, 11:50 PM
The drummer is my nephew and we've been making music together since we were kids, so I a optimistic he will not leave the band :-)

Tig
April 30th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Cool news! I like that the new guy adapted to bass and the band so easily. You lucked out.

If you do get to open for Tedeschi Trucks Band, be sure to let us know. Backstage photos are a must! I understand that they are super nice people so I'm sure you'd get to meet them.

Jimi75
April 30th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Hopefully it works out with the support slot, because I met Susan back in 1998 in Seattle and hope she will remember :-)

Robert
April 30th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Congrats!