PDA

View Full Version : Allow politics & religion?

Robert
May 5th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Maybe we should allow politics and religion to be discussed here? I don't mind. The reason it's been avoided is because of some heated debates many years ago, but since there isn't much action here anymore, perhaps we should allow anything to be discussed, except maybe for areas such as hateful postings and criminal topics. Respectful behavior will still be required, however.

What say you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tjcurtin1
May 5th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Hmmm.... I am an open-minded person, and on the one hand don't care. On the other hand, it's not what I come here for (although I am interested in discussing aspects of both). Postings/emails are so easy to misread on sensitive subjects, making it easy to unintentionally offend or be offended. I'd be sorry to see it mess up any of the friendly relations among folks here. I guess if it had its own sub-forum, and you could got there if you wanted...

piebaldpython
May 5th, 2015, 10:05 PM
I'm with Tig on this too. Robert, I certainly believe you are well-intentioned here.......but, with the USA Presidency up for grabs in 2016, it's going to be a huge MESS here state-side. Being that you are a Swede living in Canada, you might not have the sense of what a MESS it will be in the USA for the next 18 months.

I say that as I know nothing about Canadian politics, whose in charge, etc. I only know about the one mayor (Toronto ?) who got in all that trouble a year ago.