PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Tutt's Blue Sparkle Ludwig Double-Bass Drum Set (1970-1974)

Tony Trout
May 31st, 2015, 09:47 AM
Hey, ya'll!!

I have a strong desire (but, unfortunately, little money) of wanting to re-create the exact Blue Sparkle Ludwig drum kit that Elvis Presley's former drummer and currently Neil Diamond's drummer, Ronnie Tutt, used when he worked with Elvis Presley in the 1970s. The set can mainly be see in the movie, "Elvis On Tour", in 1972 and in the television special, "Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii" from January 14/April 4, 1973. I wonder if there is anybody who could lend a bit of help?

Robert
June 3rd, 2015, 09:44 AM
Sorry I have no clue. Perhaps you can give Ronnie a ring and ask for advice?

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk.

Jimi75
June 3rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
Contact the current Ludwig distributor. I am sure they are willing to help and find out for you.

Tony Trout
December 14th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Well, I would but......Ronnie no longer is an endorser or player of Ludwig drums so.....I don't if contacting Ludwig would help. I did however find out the sizes and dimensions of drums and cymbals that Ronnie used back then from a friend of mine who lives in Texas who has built his own "King Tutt" Tribute Kit (as he calls it) and it's gorgeous!

Thanks for the replies, ya'll.

Tony Trout
March 12th, 2018, 11:17 AM
UPDATE:

Another friend of mine, Michael Moore, who owns Ronnie's 1974 COV (Chrome Over Vista-Lite) drum kit, and I talked about how I've been wanting a replica blue sparkle Ludwig kit like the one Tutt used from 1970-1974 and I also mentioned to Michael that I have $0 amount of money to put towards a drum kit that would cost $5,000 so, he and I discussed it and, when he has time, he'll build me a replica blue sparkle Ludwig kit for absolutely NOTHING (although, I did kindly offer to pay for shipping the kit from his place to mine once he finishes the kit) so....sometime in the future when he can find the time in his schedule, he's going to built the kit for me. I'm excited!!!

Robert
March 13th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Congrats, that sounds awesome!