PDA

View Full Version : Barbershop Millenium Overdrive

Robert
June 10th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Posted a new demo today. I really like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCh7QefgXxE

helliott
June 11th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Love the sounds and versatility you get from this. Saw other very positive reviews. May have to invest. Nice that it's made right next door to us hear in Ontario -- made in Quebec. Will be a nice addition to the board, not big, not too expensive and will keep my Diamond Compressor (another good Canadian product) company.

Robert
June 11th, 2015, 02:29 PM
It's really different than a tube screamer! Much more versatile. Unique in my opinion. It's nice to have low gain pedal that doesn't colour too much. Then you can stack with others if needed, or just to use with an amp with some gain on it.

Jimi75
June 12th, 2015, 04:39 AM
Best overdrive I've heard in a long time.

Robert
June 12th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Thanks jimi.

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk.

helliott
June 12th, 2015, 04:48 PM
well, it's on order. Just across the border so shouldn't take long. Will report back.

Robert
June 12th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Cool, hope you like it as much as I do.

helliott
June 27th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Liking this pedal a lot now after using it for a few shows. Had to kick off the FullDrive2 but happy with that for the moment. The Barbershop is probably the most transparent pedal I've had. Really doesn't colour the sound, which is what I was looking for. That transparency doesn't make it ideal for everything, slide for example. But I have a BD2 Waza that works great for slide. And a Sparkledrive that really likes Tele pickups. So pretty happy with the board, at least until the next thing comes along. Thanks, Robert, for the useful review. I guess Fairfield Electronics would say thanks, too.
Barbershop on this tune:

https://app.box.com/s/7ym1w70xzbvawfyub5xn5i6friki7f1k

Robert
June 30th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Nice to hear. Have you tried stacking it with a booster or other OD pedal? It stacks very nicely!

Nice tone on that recording! Yeah!