PDA

View Full Version : ABB classic and a very old Fleetwood Mac tune

helliott
June 24th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Here's a couple from a good night recently. Small place was busy, had to put the Zoom much further away from the band -- back of house recording you might say. Audience noise is loud but at least they were appreciative. Share them regardless of the audience noise as I think energy and performances are decent. Feedback welcome as always.

You Don't Love Me
https://app.box.com/s/t8qj7w6h5py43u018wtn3dk9vdzuj8kh

Need Your Love So Bad
https://app.box.com/s/7ym1w70xzbvawfyub5xn5i6friki7f1k

piebaldpython
June 24th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Oh man....great stuff. Really smoked that ABB tune considering all the jagged rhythms. Slide solo towards around 4:00 mark was really nice.

Good job on the Fleetwood Mac tune.

You guys are definitely a FUN band.

tjcurtin1
June 24th, 2015, 10:01 PM
+1 - yeah, you guys sound great!

helliott
June 27th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah, we are both ABB nuts. Gonna try Blackhearted Woman next. Now that the band is gone, seems appropriate to pick up some more of their one of a kind stuff. Good Warren Haynes interview in the current GP in which he talks about the band as well as his upcoming album. Interesting reading.

marnold
June 27th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Really nice, Helliott! Impressive all around. As an aside I'm amazed at those little Zoom recorders. The situation was less than ideal, but the recording turned out quite nice.

piebaldpython
June 27th, 2015, 03:15 PM
+1 on the Zoom. Oh yeah, I liked your sound on Need Your Love So Bad with the Barbershop OD. Great stuff.

helliott
June 29th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Thanks. Yep, those zooms are ounce for ounce a very solid investment.

Jipes
June 30th, 2015, 01:48 AM
As usual nice playing there ! I love your tone in the Fleetwood Mac number you really dig the Peter Green Lespaul sound do you play out of phase pickups ?

helliott
June 30th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Thanks, Jipes. That's actually my partner James on the LP and yes he has that pickup upgrade done by a guy in the states, known as the Peter Green sound. The mdidle solo is my Strat using the Barbershop.

Robert
June 30th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Nice work! When do you tour Alberta? :) Wanna see you live and maybe jam a tune with ya!

helliott
June 30th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Now that would be a blast. Unfortunately the economics don't quite add up at $100 per guy per night, plus a coupla draughts and food. Think we'd run out of dough about Wawa. And if you've ever been stuck in Wawa (as I was one day in nearby Schrieber) you know that's a prospect to be avoided. But it sure would be good to do the old stompin grounds out there and to jam with you.

... on second thought, great to tour Alberta, but I'd pass on Lac La Biche. Did a gig on a flatbed trailer at a truck jamboree one weekend back in the 80s. Not pretty, gotta say.