PDA

View Full Version : Howdy all!

Katastrophe
July 13th, 2015, 05:40 AM
After about a two year break, I retrieved the ol' Strat from the corner of my bedroom, wiped it down and slapped on a new set of D'addarios. I figured I would tune 'er up, and just noodle around a bit.

I was able to play for about 2 and a half hours straight. It was glorious! My technique is rusty, and I'm having to slow way down, but I can't tell you how good it felt just to play again!

marnold
July 13th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Hey, I know you (in a cyberspace sort of way anyway)! I did basically the same thing, although not for that long. I've been playing more recently and enjoying myself in the process. I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to be a shredder. And I'm OK with that.

Jimi75
July 13th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Had a long long break from guitar playing around 2010/2011. My guitars gathered dust for almost a year. At that point I wasn't sure if I was ever going to play again. I can only underline what you said - playing for the first time again was a heavenly feeling. Nowadays I a recovered and back to normal which means no single day without having played at least a few licks. Enjoy your way back.

helliott
July 13th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Many congrats. I went through a period like that years back and can still remember how it felt to pick it up again. That was 25 years ago and I haven't gone a day without playing since. Hope you get everything you want from it. I think we forget how joyful the experience can be when we just sit back a let it be.

Jipes
July 14th, 2015, 02:34 AM
Hey Katastrophe, at least you 'll come back with a fresj look at it and a brand new motivation that's great. It's nice to have a good break from time to time. Enjoy mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tig
July 14th, 2015, 05:59 AM
Kat! Welcome back! :dance

Katastrophe
July 14th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Thanks, guys! Put in another about 1 1/2 hours last night. I still need to do a lot of work to get my playing up to snuff. I'm figuring that now might be a good time for a technique overhaul, to get rid of all the bad habits I've acquired over the years.

My youngest child has shown an interest in playing as well. We're writing a song together, and she's been having fun changing all the models on my little Mustang I amph while I play. She is now saying that she wants an acoustic. How cool is that!

It's good to see you all again. I've missed this place.

tjcurtin1
July 14th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Hey, Kat - long time no hear - glad to have you back!

Robert
July 16th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Hey great to hear! Awesome you can play with your daughter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Katastrophe
July 20th, 2015, 05:42 AM
Thanks, guys!