PDA

View Full Version : Our bass player "plague"

Jimi75
August 17th, 2015, 04:01 AM
Friends,

I can't believe what's going on currently. One bass player after the other leaves the band! Yesterday we rehearsed with the 7th bassist in a row. Leave a mark in the door for every bass player and soon there would be no door no more :bootyshake

Before you suggest we should honestly ask ourselves if there's something wrong with us...all of these guys left due to changes in their personal lifestyle, except of one guy who had health issues.

The guy that came yesterday is an excellent player, but we've kind of lost the will to be hopeful.
We kinda start from zero now - well maybe that's good who knows....

marnold
August 17th, 2015, 05:10 AM
Sorry to hear that, Jimi. Maybe the 7th time's a charm?

Robert
August 17th, 2015, 02:25 PM
It's like some kind of Spinal Tap story! :D

helliott
August 17th, 2015, 03:06 PM
man, i feel that pain. Chemistry is so important and when you can't keep consistent personnel, I have found anyway, it's a distraction in that regard. Best wishes hoping this one works out for you and your mates.

piebaldpython
August 17th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Forget the bass player. Get a git player to run thru pseudo-bass lines.

Hound Dog Taylor was a trio........2 gits and a drummer. Brewer Phillips was the 2nd guitar.

Listen to some of their stuff and see what you think.

Jimi75
August 17th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Yeah it kinda feels "spinal-tappy", but fortunately without the funerals.
At least the newest guy confirmed he would play the September gigs even if our ways parted based on our decision.

Katastrophe
August 19th, 2015, 05:48 AM
7 is your lucky number, man... Don't give up hope! You never know, maybe if this bass player doesn't work out, there will be that one guy or gal in the crowd at one of your shows that could be the one.

Jipes
August 20th, 2015, 03:51 AM
Well it's extremely difficult in those days to find dedicated musician, with my Ex band Soulmaniacs that was the same 4 bass players 3 female singers and numerous horn players. It's hard to keep up but well Jimi Hold On it's gonna pay one day for sure :thumbsup