PDA

View Full Version : couple of new live recordings --robben ford and dwight yokum

helliott
August 30th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Place called the Rosie. They like us and keep inviting us back, and we like it there. Here's a couple, one Robben Ford and one Dwight Yokum. We're mixing in a little more Bakersfield country and the fans love to jump and shake, and yes, line dance.

https://app.box.com/s/rwktlkv07eebti2hk2y4h79h9a8fa7kk

https://app.box.com/s/sn8z1fkcefviulml6roandzzms86sucg

piebaldpython
August 30th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Nice to hear some more tunes from you and the boys. Sounds really good, as usual.

Just curious, could you break down your rig for us.....from pedals to amps.

helliott
August 31st, 2015, 03:11 PM
Thanks PBP. Sure. I'm using the new Strat, with Fat 50s CS pickups. They are lovely but different and I am still getting used to them. (heavier stuff and backup is the HSS Strat)

From there it's a basic board, BD Wazacraft, Sparkle Drive, Fairfax Barbershop (got it after hearing Robert demo the pedal), Crybaby, Electroharmonix C9 Organ Machine, Diamond Compressor. (That's from the amp side back to the input side.) Amp is my usual Mesa Lone Star Special, set to clean channel, gain at about 10:30, 15 watt setting for this gig.

The drives are all set different -- Sparkle set for clean boost (no gain added, no clean added, just turned on with the Tone pushing max treble), BD Waza set for medium grit, a little darker tone (good for ABB slide stuff) and the Barbershop set heavier with sag wide open, drive about 40%, ideal for sustainy things like Santana and ZZ Top.

The reverb is the onboard Mesa tank.

Wee tiny rooms I sometimes sub in Mesa TA 15 through a Celestian Greenback 15.

thanks for listening!

Jipes
September 1st, 2015, 07:27 AM
Hi Helliott, nice to hear your new songs, I love the Dwight Yoakum I'm not familiar with his music but your cover sounds good I like those 6th licks. On the Robben Ford it's almost like a reggae bit I like it, one question the guitar sounds very metalic like heavily Compressed is it a stompbox ?

helliott
September 2nd, 2015, 09:00 AM
Thanks Jipes. The stomp box in use there is a Voodoo Sparkle Drive if that helps explain anything.