PDA

View Full Version : NP(T)D - Maxon OD-820 Pro

Jimi75
October 12th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Have received that big green monster for testing. It is really huge!!! The sound reminds me of a mixture between a TS and a Klon - very musical, no loss of bass, kind of transparent, bu also with a beautiful mid boost. Have only tested at home so far, but I'm already considering keeping it. It seems like it could cover the ground of my Free The Tone SOV-2 and my EHX Soulfood. The only issue I might see is the enormous size and the extreme headroom/volume boost. I will update the review, once I have taken it to the rehearsal.

Any of you guys here could share some hands on experience?

Robert
October 13th, 2015, 04:17 PM
I've never tried it. But now you made me interested in FreeTheTone again...! I really liked their Red Jasper when I tried it in January.

Jimi75
October 14th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Back in the day I should have pick the Red Jasper instead of the SOV. That's my conclusion. Will make video review of the Maxon, seems like a wonderful pedal, way more open than the SOV.

Jimi75
October 18th, 2015, 04:00 AM
Here's my video review of the OD-820.
Lots of playing, but this time German speaking as I will go for mother tongue with my new channel ;-)
http://youtu.be/Hu3LQ28k8fc
Let me know what you think, every input is welcome.

Robert
October 18th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Nice job!

Jimi75
October 19th, 2015, 05:58 AM
Thanks Rob!
It was the first filming with my new video set up :-)
The pedal though will be returned again, the FTT is definitively more lively and true sounding - have played both against each other during rehearsal.

shupe13
January 12th, 2018, 07:35 PM
Sounds great!

I have the Maxon 808 and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro