PDA

View Full Version : How can I get this "singing" guitar sound?

ginal625
October 17th, 2015, 02:23 PM
What vst plugins could I use in my home recording software to get close to the "singing" lead guitar you can hear in the short sample here (http://www.vocaroo.com/i/s0WNoxMY5vTn).

I use a Fender Strat DI'd into my PC to record or play live and would love to emulate this lovely lead break.

I'm picking compression/sustain, distortion of some kind and maybe some EQ. What do you think?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

Larney

ginal625
October 19th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Hey come on guys, some help please. Someone must have a good idea of how to get me close to this lead sound?

Cheers

Larney

marnold
October 19th, 2015, 07:16 PM
I'd love to help you, but I have precisely zero knowledge when it comes to VST plug-ins.

Jimi75
October 19th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Are we talking plug-in in the sense of you want guitar sound, but played with a midi keyboard, or are we talking you play the guitar into your PC? If 2nd is in scope, then check out Line6 amp farm software which gives you a lot of different options. By the way, the sound in the snippet you've posted also features a good amount of chorus.

Jipes
October 20th, 2015, 02:47 AM
What I hear there is a mellow saturation and a tiny bit of Chorus depending on which platform you record they could be some installed plugin which would give you that type of sound Multipüressor for example could help to get that smooth attack sound

Robert
October 22nd, 2015, 11:13 AM
Definitely chorus on that guitar tone. You'll have to experiment. Use distortion, chorus and delay, and see if it needs compression.

It's hard to provide a very specific answer for this.

ginal625
October 22nd, 2015, 05:51 PM
Definitely chorus on that guitar tone. You'll have to experiment. Use distortion, chorus and delay, and see if it needs compression.

It's hard to provide a very specific answer for this.

Hey guys, thanks a bunch for all your help.

Robert, I have tried a combination of all four plugins you suggested and I'm very close to the sound I like - for both recording and live playing, so thanks to you as well.

Cheers to all

Larney

jtees4
November 9th, 2015, 08:29 AM
What vst plugins could I use in my home recording software to get close to the "singing" lead guitar you can hear in the short sample here (http://www.vocaroo.com/i/s0WNoxMY5vTn).

I use a Fender Strat DI'd into my PC to record or play live and would love to emulate this lovely lead break.

I'm picking compression/sustain, distortion of some kind and maybe some EQ. What do you think?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

Larney

To me it sounds like a bit mellower version of "Who's That Lady" from the Isley Bros. in the 70's. You should check that out if you are not familiar with it, I am pretty sure you could find out what was used on that song because years ago there were many discussions about it. BUT it is definitely a combination of distortion, chorus and compression in some form or another. Possibly a bit of flange, not sure.

PeterPan
February 25th, 2016, 11:39 AM
To my ears, I'm hearing compression set for long sustain, a mellow overdrive, a little chorus, and possibly some reverb or echo, in that order. The compression before the overdrive is a big part of the "singing" effect you're hearing. I use a tone similar to this all the time. If you're going direct into a PC to record, many of these effects can be done with plugins, but SOME compression between the guitar and sound care input is always wise, as it will give all your effects more usable "bits" to work with in the recorded track.

Luxion
July 12th, 2016, 01:44 AM
the sound of acoustic guitar and electric guitar are different
klingeltone mp3: https://klingeltonemp3.info/