PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite wattage

Tone2TheBone
January 9th, 2007, 04:26 PM
For screaming amphs. I'm torn between 50 watts of pure british tone and 30 watts of Class A sounds. The louder the chickenhead knob goes on the 30 watter the sweeter my world becomes. Ahhhhhhh.......there is something about that 30 watt power range and a 12 inch speaker. What are you guys's favs?

duhvoodooman
January 9th, 2007, 04:57 PM
18, and I'm sure you know what I'm referring to! Hope to build one of those kits one day! :DR

SuperSwede
January 10th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Depends on what I want to play, but if I had to pick only one it had to be a small wattage Fender tweed amp. I really like the Fender Blues JR too.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
January 10th, 2007, 09:47 AM
5 watt Fender works great for me ... live 18-30 watts is the recipe..like super said if I had to choose only one .. Fender Champ , mic'd with earbuds ... but who knows what i will pick next year ..

Spudman
January 10th, 2007, 01:54 PM
30 to 40 watts for me. 40 is almost too much to turn up and 30 is almost not enough to get any clean headroom. I haven't done it yet but since I JUST LOVE carrying extra amphs around, I suppose I could A/B them and use which one I need for the moment.

If I get tired of my arms getting longer from lugging the extra weight up and down stairs then I'd probably just stick to the 40 watt Hot Rod Deluxe.

Plank_Spanker
January 10th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I'm biased - 40 watts. :D

My little 40 watt Germino has the dynamic response of the gods and a ton of clean headroom - just dial back the guitar a bit and/or play a little softer.

It can hold more than it's own at full roar - it's brutally loud at full gallop.

warren0728
January 10th, 2007, 02:13 PM
i seem to be moving towards lower wattage amps....my next amp will probably be a vintage 5-8 watt amp or a guytronix 1/2 watt amp...

ww