PDA

View Full Version : New sweeping video!

Robert
January 9th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I practiced sweep picking the other day (don't ask me why) and came up with this on a video clip:

6 String Sweep Picking Riff (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons/lesson-44.php)

:DR I finally sound like I did when I was 19! :R Except I have better gear now.

sunvalleylaw
January 9th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I practiced sweep picking the other day (don't ask me why) and came up with this on a video clip:

6 String Sweep Picking Riff (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons/lesson-44.php)

I finally sound like I did when I was 19! Except I have better gear now.

Cool, another arrow to pick up and put in the quiver. Thanks for every little bit you teach me. :) :D :DR

Lev
January 10th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Great Video Robert - a shredder at heart eh?
I've always struggled with sweep picking so I'm gonna try spend some time on this.

Jimi75
January 10th, 2007, 06:49 AM
To be honest, I expected something completely different when I read "Sweeping" - GOD beware...

Your video is just cool and I like the approach is very melodic....

I will practice this one for sure.

Thanks Robert

tot_Ou_tard
January 10th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Wow! So are you just downstrokes each time you pick?

SuperSwede
January 10th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Nice one Robert... I´m going to steal that :)
A shredder as yourself shouldn´t pass up the chance of recording something over the Fresh Roadkill track that I posted earlier! Rock on :R

tot_Ou_tard
January 10th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Does anyone know how to extract the sound portion from a .mov file?

I don't have a computer in my basement where I play, but after watching Robert's vids & armed with the TAB and a CD, I'll be in practice heaven.

marnold
January 10th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I've been going through the sweeping lessons that have been in GuitarOne the past three months. I can do three and four string sweeps relatively smoothly at a moderate pace. They just got into five and six string sweeps this month. That requires more patience, practice, and dexterity :)

duhvoodooman
January 10th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know how to extract the sound portion from a .mov file?
Fire up Audacity and set the input source as "Stereo Mix". Start recording, then launch the video. Voila....

duhvoodooman
January 10th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Wow. Picking is my weakest skill, and this looks freakin' impossible to me. Gonna have to practice long & hard, I can see.....

Robert
January 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks guys, I am not a shredder but I tried to be once. I am just a blues player. I am just reviving old memories, or habits.. ;)

I have a couple of more sweep riffs I'm gonna post soon....

I gotta earn that hairdo, right Warren!? :DR :D

warren0728
January 10th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I gotta earn that hairdo, right Warren!?
if anyone can it's you!! :DR

ww

SixStringJoe
January 10th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Guess I only look at this and say "Neat" :) As for attempting sweep picking, I guess I'll never be able to do that. But hey, I'm happy when I get comments on my finger picking style on youtube.

tot_Ou_tard
January 11th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Fire up Audacity and set the input source as "Stereo Mix". Start recording, then launch the video. Voila....

Thanks yet again Vood. You are duh Man!

Hogfullofblues
January 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Excellent lesson and skill as usual, Robert, even without the hair.